Saturday, June 25, 2011

exchange updates and many humble "Thanks~~"

First off I would like to thank so many of you who took the time to send comments and compliments on my recent Patriotic finishes...I truly appreciate all of your words of support!! I did receive several emails about the exact finishing technique of Liberty House..... The piece is indeed double layered with wavy edged felt and then the Victorian Motto faded red chenille is glued around the stitched piece...Here is a slightly better shot up close....



I love using Victorian Motto products and her shades are perfect for that worn antiquey touch....Nancy is a joy to deal with and I highly recommend your visiting (here) and seeing for yourself!

********************************

I have had a couple exchanges land in my mailbox so here are the results....

I received from LindaPA these wonderful RED squares in our Blackbird Designs Fair and Square exchange....

Blackbird Designs
32 ct linen
npi red silk

Beautiful no???   I have got the perfect finish in mind and they will be placed up front and center in my "red" basket....Thanks Linda, they are just bea-u-ti-ful~~

And, I too, had stitched Linda squares in exchange.....Here is a snap of what I sent to her...(forgot to snap the square with our initials on it....oops...)




Blackbird Designs
32 ct neutral linen
specified overdyes


She says they match her bedroom decor nicely and will be finished and used in there...Glad you like the selection Linda~~

*********************************
In the Hooked on Exchanging exchanges, I was fortunate enough to Edgar's name....How cool is that??  We knew it was to be Praire Schooler designs and each person got to pick which season they wanted as their theme....Edgar chose "Fall" so I came up with this goodie from the PS October leaflet..






Edgar said he loved it especially since I tucked in a few size 28 needles and a few of my homemade pins....Hope you enjoy this needlebook Edgar!!

Quess what my dear husband brought to me yesterday (yes, I am at Cherry Grove Beach....) It was a wonderful package from JanetB.... She had my name in the HoE and my chosen PS season was summer...
How blown away was I when I opened the package and saw this????


front


 
back



A perfectly stitched and sewn wall hanging from Janet!! It is absolutely stunning and finished to perfection....I LOVE this piece Janet and truly appreciate the lovely work you put into making this for me~~ Again, I have the perfect spot for this goodie to hang!

Well, that's it for me for a little while...I will be posting again after the week of the 4th of July..we are readying for a family gathering here at the beach, so I will be busy, busy, busy!~ So, with that, I will leave you with a picture of my best friend and assistant.....


Happy stitching everyone!!!

Faye

38 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful exchange pieces! Love, love, love the PS Summer...had never thought to finish it as a wall hanging! What a great idea, might borrow that idea for myself!

Susan in SC said...

Beautiful exchange pieces that you sent and recieved! I love the pictures of your assistant!!!

Jennifer M. said...

Very beautiful pieces! I love them all. That needle book is really pretty. I would love to learn how to make one of those.

Gabi said...

Fantastic exchanges. Love all of them.
The needlebook you made is just gorgeous. Love also those pins.
The wall hanging is not only beautiful stitched, but what a great way of finishing this is as well.

Mouse said...

ohhh wonderful exchange pieces :) love your needle book to Edgar and you wall hanging that you received is fab :) and pooch is adorable tooo :) take care and happy stitching love mouse xxxxx

Deborah said...

I couldn't agree more about Nancy at Victorian Motto. Her products are wonderful and she is a dream to work with. Love all the exchange pieces. Have a great week-end.

Margaret said...

What great exchange pieces you received! Hope you have a great time at the beach!

Hazel said...

Oh my goodness.. where to begin... Your dog looks just like mine when I was a child. We called her Cindy and she has very similar markings and those same soft sleeky ears. Gorgeous stitching - all of it both given and received. I love Nancy's threads. I hadn't realised she did chenille too. Must go and look. Gorgeous, stunning piece from JanetB. Love it. SO much work involved there. Edgar's piece is beautiful. I bet he loved getting that. x

Myra said...

Wonderful exchanges both sent and received. Love your assistant too! Have fun at the beach.

Lynn said...

Such wonderful exchange pieces! That PS Summer is amazing! I also love the needlebook.
I hope you are having good weather during your time at the beach. Enjoy!

Karen said...

You certainly have some great goodies! Love all your new exchanges. Hope you have fun at the beach... happy stitching.

Lisa V said...

Lovely stitched pieces, and that Summer exchange you received is just gorgeous. Lucky you!
LISA V

Ellen said...

Wonderful exchanges! The stitching and finishing are just perfect!

Hugs,

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a cute companion and beautiful exchanges! Enjoy your time at the beach.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Absolument merveilleuses vos coutures mon amie ! de belles pochettes juste sublime,
de gros bisous au petit chien qui est adorable !

I love the little beautiful dog !

marylin France

Bekca said...

All of the exchange pieces look gorgeous. I really like the autumnal needlebook, it's so pretty. I hope you're having a wonderful time at the beach. Best wishes.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Great exchanges, beautiful stitching and finishing! Enjoy your well deserved time with family and trusty friend at the coast!

Anonymous said...

Your beautiful postings are such a source of inspiration! I would love to learn how you make your pins. PLEASE post a picture of your patriotic tree.
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Karyn said...

Ahhh Faye, I had to stop and catch my breath, your exchange pieces took my breath away! You are my stitchy sister hero...what with your inspiringly gorgeous projects, perfect stitches and your generous heart. We all just adore you!

Your needlebook for Edgar is totally cool...he is going to flip out! I can't wait to see his post when he gets it.

Your gift from Janet is fabulous and looks like a lot of love and hard work were put into it. I just Loooove it!

Your dear best friend and assistant looks quite content and well cared for, and happy to be hangin' with Mommy.

Thanks for the update, dear friend, and enjoy your family time.
XOXO
Ma

BrendaS said...

Beautiful exchanges received and sent.

Have a great 4th of July with your family.

BrendaS said...

Beautiful exchanges received and sent.

Have a great 4th of July with your family.

Fiona said...

Your exchange pieces are beautiful. I really like the needlebook you made for Edgar. Enjoy your time at the beach.

Unknown said...

WOWSERS!! All your stitching is so fantastic!! I missed your original Red, white and blue post so I had to go take a peek - they are fabulous!! I am sure Edgar is doing back flips over the needle case you sent him - way cool!! Your other goodies are wonderful. You sure do get some great mail!

Colleen said...

Beautiful exchange stitching gifts. Love the BBD & Edgar's needlebook. All have been stitched with love of friendship. I'm in awe of Janet's gift, it is lovely.

Enjoy your family time at the beach & a wonderful 4th of July to all. A belly rub to your best friend, such a sweet face.

Catherine said...

Great goodies!! Have fun at the beach!!

Anne said...

Love the exchange pieces Faye! Love Edgar's needlebook and your red squares!!

Andrea said...

Gorgeous gifts and exchanges.

H said...

Love all your exchange pieces, both given and received. Have a good time, and relax. And pet your assistant for me. There is no better kind. :o)

Hilly

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a great eye candy post! Love the exchanges - the needlebook you sent Edgar is just wonderful and the wall hanging you got is very pretty!

Your faithful friend is sweet. Enjoy your 4th of July festivities!

Michelle said...

Oh wow what a lovely post with some stunning pictures - I am in awe of them xx

Michelle said...

Beautiful exchanges!! That BBD square you stitched is especially lovely.

Kathy said...

Oh my what gorgeous stitching and exquisite finishing all the way around. Love the piece you did for Edgar and the one you received is breathtaking. Simply perfect.

I hope you have a fabulous 4th and enjoy your week at the beach. I hope your faithful assistant makes you relax and cuddle every once in a while. :)

Janet B. said...

Hi Faye-

I'm so glad you liked the summer banner I made for you. I was feeling guilty about missing the deadline, but your sweet comments made me feel much better. :-)
Have fun with your new craft room!

Melody said...

Great exchange pieces. Your dog is so cute. It's nice to have a four legged companion...

Hope you have a wonderful July 4th.

Giovanna said...

What gorgeous exchange pieces - congrats to all involved!

Siobhán said...

WOW!!! What amazing exchange pieces! Everything is incredible. Did I mention to you that my friend & I were having breathing problems after seeing all of your patriotic stitching? :)

Your stitching partner is adorable.

Enjoy your 4th!

http://lasoffitta.canalblog.com said...

Hi Faye!!
many thanks for stopping to my blog...
I send you an a mail.
Have you a great day!
Hugs
Nadia

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Beautiful exchange pieces, Faye!
Always love reading your blog. So pretty.

Jennifer