Sunday, October 28, 2012

PALS retreat and treats.....

Hello....hello.....
What a retreat!! And, what a week at work after the retreat!! Sorry it has taken so long to post about the PALS retreat, but when I got home, work seemed to consume every minute of my time! If you are an educator, you know what I mean!!!
 
First off, the retreat was awesome....As you have already seen on a few blogs, fun was had by all...The weather was perfect and I am SO glad it was last weekend and not THIS weekend..... Talk about chaos for those trying to get flights out of SC to north bound destinations.... If you are in the path of this powerful storm, I sure do hope all goes well for you!
 
Back to the retreat...It was so much fun sitting and stithing with friends....Old freinds sharing  lots of hugs....Meeting new people and forming those new lifetime friendships.... And, for me, I was able to actually meet 3 of my customers...Nothing like putting a face with a name....!! I cherish every memory made....My cheeks are still sore from laughing so much!!!

Tanya of The Scarlett House was SO generous by designing a retreat freebie...I wanted to stitch it the miute I saw it.... Here it is completed...It will be a pin pillow just as her model was.

 Luckily, I had carried some 25 ct Country Mocha with me...And, sweet Nicole shared her DMC flosses... Isn't it darling?


Hopefully soon I will have time to finish this into a crushed walnut shell filled pin keep...I know each time I use it, fond memories will fill my head.....
 
 

There are always many exchanges you can participate in.....I went for the grab bag exchange and ALL of these wonderful goodies were my winnings..... LOVE them all!! Ironically, my BBF Linda brought this grab bag in..... Yippeee for me!
 
A very sweet lady named Jeanne was the recipient of my grab bag....This project pouch with linen and few more goodies enclosed..... She seemed to be thrilled.....
 
 
I managed a finished stitch while there....This Blackbird Designs "Waiting for the Harvest" had been in my basket for a while now....I added 2012 on the side so to remember this was stitched fall 2012 while at PALS....
 
Our retreat goodie bag was LOADED this year!!! Here is a portion of what was in the bag... Gentle Arts overdyes...NPI in a gorgeous array of purples,,, An entire goodie pack of Victorian Motto Sampler trims, buttons, threads, chenilles....Ruler/thread keep from The SilverNeedle... corner gauge from Down Sunshine Lane....
 
oh, there was more in that wonderful goodie bag.... Charts galore, 2 fat quarters, pen, bookmark and note pad....and....
 
 
the commemorative PALS needle minder magnet....isn't it just wonderful??
 
 
Giving gifts to stitching buds is always popular....I was tickled to receive these goodies....left to right they were gifted from Charlene of Needle in Hand, Michele WA and Pam Iowa....Thank you ladies for making me feel special.....
 
 
Isn't this alot of talent under one roof???? Most all the attendees were there for this photo.... I am wwaaaaayyyy in the back....And, Amy of Down Sunshine Lane is on the front row, fifth from the left. This was her 15th year putting on the PALS retreat!!!!  Thanks Amy~~~~ from all of us.....
 
Well.....I do have many more photos to share....The vendors there were absolutely stocked to the rafters with goodies.... I will post about my purchases next....
 
In closing, I hope everyone has a safe and happy week.....My brother and his family, along with my mom live near the Hatteras area where the storm is reeking havoc...and my sister and her family live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland where there will most likely be flooding.... To all my family and many friends who are in the path of the storm, I pray for your safety and am hoping you be spared devastation.
 
Peace,
 
 
Faye
 
 
 
.


31 comments:

Karen said...

Love love love Tanya's design! I think I am going to stitch it this week...just too cute finished!

Hope your family is safe from the storm this week. How true we are the retreat was last weekend!

hope you have a good week.... happy stitching!

Sandra said...

So happy you had a wonderful retreat.
I cannot imagine how much fun you must have had. I hope your family is stays safe during this horrible storm. We brought Hollis and the Avery home with us this afternoon. They have a history of losing power during events like this. It is my theory that it is better to be safe than sorry. We have a generator so at least we can cook for the baby.
Anyway, take care and enjoy all those goodies that you received and treated yourself too.
Many Happy Stitches,
Sandra

Peggy Lee said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time. What a bunch of gorgeous stitchers!

This storm is heading for my son and his family as well. Thanks for your prayers and I too will remember all those in it's path in mine.

Natasha said...

I have many friends on the Virginia and MaryLand coast ands family in WV where there is heavy snow expected. Prayers for all those to stay safe.

I look forward to more pictures from thr GTG. I am finally going to make it next year and I cant wait!

Linda said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Love all the goodies you received. And, as always, your stitching is awesome. Hope your family is safe from the storm.

Linda

marly said...

Lots of good looking treats! Hope you and family come through Sandy unscathed.

Jackie's Stitches said...

It sounds like a wonderful time! I'm hoping to attend at some point - it's only a 5 or 6 hour drive from me.

Hoping your family stay safe and dry!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

The retreat sounds wonderful--I hope to attend one day.

Prayers for all in harms way of the storm

Carol said...

How wonderful to spend such precious hours with friends old and new, Faye! It really does sound like you all couldn't have had a nicer retreat. And as you say, how nice that the retreat didn't occur this weekend--whew!!

Nice grab bag that you "grabbed" and I'm sure whatever lucky stitcher ended up with your lovely pouch was pleased as punch :)

Hope your family stays safe in this storm--it is such a worrisome thing for so many of us!

Margaret said...

I love seeing all the pics of the retreat goodies and all! Tanya's freebie is so wonderful too! Glad you had a great time! Hope things slow down for you at work. And here's hoping everyone stays safe from this awful storm.

Krista said...

What a fun retreat, Faye! Thank you for sharing. Love that beach-y freebie, it is soooo cute! I will have to look into attending, what a fun time.

I hope you are safe where you are from the threat of the storm. It is just starting up here in CT. This one seems really scary. Be safe!

Theresa said...

What a wonderful retreat!!!!! Look at all the goodies you've got!!!!! And all your finishes are so beautiful!!!!!!! Nice!!!!!!!

Patty C. said...

Im so glad you enjoyed your retreat - it sounds like so much fun!

merumo said...

What a fun and productive time you had there! Tanya's pattern turned out very cute and I love BBD's pumpkins, too. And look at all the goodies you brought back home :O

Nicola said...

I have enjoyed your photos of the retreat, i would love to attend one but seeing them through blogs is probably the closest I will get.

Have been following the news on the storm, I am praying that everyone in the effected areas stay safe.

Michelle said...

Beautiful so glad you had a good time. All your finishes are lovely xx

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching and goodies.
Hope all your family stay safe, hugs.

Annette-California said...

Very happy to hear you had a great time. Loved all the goodies that were exchanged and love your sampler of Tanya's design. Prayers for everyone to be safe that the storm ends before it begins.
love Annette

Shirlee said...

What a wonderful time you had! Wonderful!

Siobhán said...

I love your finishes!! Tanya is so talented, I just love that freebie! Your Waiting for the Harvest is so pretty--and reminds me that I have that chart & need to stitch it! I'm so glad that you had a great time at the retreat. :)

Stay safe and dry!

Vickie said...

Such fun! And goodies. I have prayed for your family.♥

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

wonderful retirement! and your embroidery! My prayers are for all those affected by the storm! May God protect all

Giovanna said...

So glad you had a nice time - and your stitching is lovely!

Fiona said...

Great to see you again. I am still working on Tanya's freebie, it is so pretty can't wait to get mine finished and see your one all finished up and being put to good use.

Angela said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time :)

dixiesamplar said...

Wow, sounds like a wonderful time was had by all...and what lovely goodies you came away with! Love Tanya's design (as with all her others)...and your finish is outstanding.

Hope your family stays safe and as dry as possible during the storm!

Scrap said...

I love your blog !!!! just love love love !!!

Anna van Schurman said...

Y'all are making me think it might be time to put next year's retreat on my calendar!

Deb said...

It sounds like the best time!!!

Carolyn NC said...

Missed seeing you all this year. Hope to be back next year. Cute design and how quickly you stitched it! And yes, of course I didn't finish the Harley design by Christmas last year...did I have rocks in my head? That would have required stitching! Glad all is well and that the retreat was fun as always!

Catherine said...

What fun!! Great stitches, great goodies and great friends. Oh, and I am sure great food!