Sunday, November 11, 2012

Layers......

Greetings this wonderful Sunday evening.....
~~~Veterans Day Eve~~~
 
Living very near Ft Bragg Army base, and having many children in  my classroom whose dads or moms or both dads and moms in the  military, we are almost always in an "honoring" frame of mind...Whether its the extra hug a child needs because its confusing to try to understand why dad is gone so long.....Or, knowing mom is on the phone constantly comforting a fellow Army wife who is enduring a hard time.... Or, those fantastic moments when they come to school to let everyone know that "Mom is home from her deployment and she's getting to stay two whole months"!!!...
 
Like I say, my community is deeply entrenched in honoring and supporting our military families...
Families of past heroes, those who are currently serving and those who have fought and now have daily struggles....
 
Yes, tomorrow is Veterans Day...
~~~Honor tomorrow and always~~~
 
**********
 
I would love to share many of my customers finishes, but tonight I'd rather highlight what I like to do best when creating finishes.....layers... I love layering  fabrics, buttons, laces....whatever!

So, I will let you have a picture walk of a few creations I have made of late...
 
..bells with twine...
 
 
...bells with wool felt and custom cording...
 
...vintage buttons with lace....
 
...buttons with the right theme in mind...
 
...antique buttons with cotton lace and hand made pins...
 
..layered buttons...yes! I love buttons as embellishments...
 
...layers....and more layers....
 
...wool felt with chenille...with more wool felt...hand stitched...
 
...ahhh, chenilles....
 
...co-ordinating piping...just the right touch....
 
...lined and cuffed diddie bags....layers....
 
Get the picture?.... I just had to share peeks of some of the finishing I have been doing for my fellow stitchers...you guys...out there in blog world.... YOUR fantastic stitches that I have been able to lend my creativity to.....
 
with  just a few more weeks until Christmas, I would be happy to help any of you guys with your finishes....just drop me a line....my cut-off date be Nov 21 with a ship date of Dec 14 or earlier...With that being said, April~Margaret~Tanya, your orders are on my sewing table for this week...
 
I haven't forgotton about  my "Giving Back Giveaway"...
I will be announcing more about it this week~~~~
 
Hoping everyone has a fantastic week.....
 
Blessings,
 
Faye
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


39 comments:

Heather said...

Your finishing is beautiful!!! I love all of the layers!! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait for the full reveal!!

marly said...

Nice post Faye. I'll take one of each!

Barb said...

Hi Faye, My son is career Army. I hope my little Grandson has a teacher like you who will support him as Daddy is gone so much. Thank you!

Birdie said...

Gorgeous post. Thank you for inspiring me to want to finish with style and elegance.

Ellen said...

Thank you for the photos! Your finishings are very creative and gorgeous! Can't wait to see the actual!

Hugs,

~*Sharee*~ said...

Such beautiful finishing hun; I do have somethings I need to get out in the mail to you to finish for me..

Hugs, Shar

Glenna said...

Loving the layers, the buttons, the artistic photos, and the beautiful work you do. I'm probably not going to make the cut-off for my finish, so I will have to do it myself (not nearly as nice as having you do it), but next year, I'm sending you my ornaments to finish--you do it so beautifully, and I would much rather just keep stitching away.

pj said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see some beauties!!! And one was my stitching! Fun stuff Faye! I love your ideas. pam

Carol said...

All your little details make your finishes so special, Faye :) I'm sure your customers will be absolutely thrilled with their final pieces!!

Littlebit said...

Everything is lovely, Faye!

Karen said...

Such a tease....I can only imagine how wonderful the designs look with your finishing!

hope you are feeling better.... happy stitching/finishing!

Margaret said...

I love seeing all the details of your finishing work. Just lovely! And you do such wonderful work too!

Annie Beez said...

All of your finishing is beautiful! I can tell you are very talented at it!

Tommye said...

You are soooooooo creative, girl! Nicely done.

Lesleyanne said...

Your finishing is lovely. Love the layers.

Michele said...

love love love all your layering :)

Robin said...

Your work is always so pretty. Thanks for the eye candy!

Lisa V said...

Ooo I think I recognise one of those as mine.
Great to see your wonderful creativity Faye, I love all my special pieces that you finished for me.
Hugs

Patty C. said...

Creative work!

Nicola said...

Your finishing as always is very beautiful but your opening to your post was so thought provoking it made be stop and pause and I will carry it with me.

Giovanna said...

Gorgeous close-ups - you are so creative.

Andrea said...

Have to say your finishing is glorious and so beautiful.

Vickie said...

So pretty! Great job.
God bless you for the wonderful work you do with the children.♥

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the peeks of your finishes! I too did not realize how close we live to each other!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I love seeing all your wonderful finishing ideas! Just the perfect touch - not overdone.

Sending you at Veterans' Day hug - for being the supporter of those who need support!

merumo said...

Love your layer ideas, especially the layered buttons! I also love using the buttons in my projects, but haven't thought about layering them like yours. How creative you are!!!

Natasha said...

Your finishes are just fantastic Faye, You are just so talented you have a fantastic gift!

After the New Year I can't wait to have you finish a few pieces for me :)

Have a beautiful day!

Paula said...

Gorgeous and inspiring Faye.

Linda said...

Wow Faye. Your finishing is truly amazing. I love them all.

Linda

Siobhán said...

Your finishing is so pretty, Faye!

Terri said...

Such beautiful work, Faye. You have inspired me to be more creative with my stitching next year. Thank you.

Catherine said...

Lovely touches, Faye!!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

♥ I love your stitching my friend ♥

bisous from FRANCE

Miss Pants said...

What beautiful finishes! I am new to your blog but I always need help with finishing! I will have to stay tuned for your stitching and finishing projects.

Michelle said...

Beautiful finishes x

Susan in SC said...

You are so very talented. I love the layering that you do.

Julie M said...

You do such a beautiful job with your finishes Faye1 I love all your layers!

Mouse said...

ooooo just had a mouse like drool there ... need to come back later when got more time to enjoy your layers and buttons again :) happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxx

Anne said...

You are a master of layers! LOOOVE the buttons layered up!!