Saturday, October 12, 2013

Retreat.... Part 3~

Happy Saturday!!!


As you can probably tell by now, Dyeing to Stitch/ R&R Linens along with all the expert instructors/designers did a fantastic job at this years retreat... This retreat is offered every 2years... So, I'll be saving up again in hopes of attending next time! They spared no expense, every detail was thought through and some if the nicest people I have ever met were in attendance~ Hats off to Ann and Pat!

Nan Lewis of Threadwork Primitives could not be at the retreat, however a personally stitched handmade goodie of hers was... And... It was one of the door prizes at the Grande finale banquet..... And... Well... I squealed when my name was called.... Really? Me..??

image

image
... The inside lining has a handwritten commemorative label.... This is a treasure I will cherish forever!!

Each of us, all 130 of us, received a wonderful Liberty Hill hand painted wooden box.... Gorgeously painted for this retreat celebration~

image

The detail in the painting was amazing..
image

Even the inside was etched...a good size box to hold all kinds of stash... It is magnificent!!

image

There were retreat exclusives given to us at our classes.... And each kit had every single thing you'd need to make your treasure..

Jeanette Douglass.....

image

image

Paulette Stewart...

image
A darling piece that mounts in a Wilton tart tin...

image

Autographs....
image

Finally, what's a retreat without a little stash shopping.... The Boutique was LOADED with goodies to buy.... I did my part~ :)

image

image


image


image
The Purple Thread is a new designer for me.... Her designs are wonderful!

So, that's the recap of the Dyeing to Stitch retreat.... I had never been and now I'm hooked~ Next post, I will share one of those stitches that I have completed..... Until then, I'll be in the craft room getting YOUR finishes completed and out the door.... Enjoy your weekend everyone~

Kindly,


Faye












- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

28 comments:

Margaret said...

It looks so wonderful! I'm so so envious! Thanks so much for sharing. Lucky you to win the door prize!

Cathy B said...

Many of my MN friends were there; sadly I did not go this time as I have a different retreat that I am going to soon. I'm glad you all had a great time! Lovely projects!

Catherine said...

Wonderful goodies!! Are those Thanksgiviing stockings a new PS chart ~ love them!! Congrats on the goodies from Nan ~ how fun!! Every two years....hhhmmmmm.......I may have to start saving ~ I really wish I had been there this year!

Beth said...

What great treats and super stash purchases too.

Unknown said...

I am so thrilled you had a good time. I was excited to meet you! One of your finishes is on my bucket list! Hope to see you again soon.....

marly said...

OH! OH! OH! That bag from Nan! Better than chocolate!! Lots of other goodies and fun for all.

Teresa said...

meravigliosi gli schemi che ricamerai, uno piĆ¹ bello dell'altro.
Teresa

Annette-California said...

Wonderful new charts and goodies. The hand painted box is beautiful. Congrats on your prize. love Annette

cucki said...

Wow lucky you to win the door prize...
Such beautiful stash and very pretty goodies from the retreat..I wish I can come too :)
Big hugs x

Krista said...

Wow, such a lot of goodies! Enough new stash to keep you busy for a bit! Thank you for sharing all your retreat stories. Would love to get to it next time!

moosecraft said...

My goodness! What a wonderful retreat! I'll be looking for a copy of the Celebrate Sampler and the Thanksgiving Stockings! The painted box is such a treasure and Nan's Giveaway is stunning! You heart must be beating miles a minute!!!! Lots of fun stuff at Dyeing To Stitch!

Robin in Virginia said...

I have enjoyed reading and seeing your pictures of the Dyeing to Stitch retreat, Faye. Congratulations to you on winning Nan's bag!

Robin in Virginia

Anna van Schurman said...

Glad you had such a great time at the retreat. Definitely looks like it's worth saving up for!

Teresa said...

You were truly spoiled. How nice you won that beautiful piece.

Melissa said...

Oh wow, what a great Retreat that was! Thanks for sharing the photos.

ps How lucky you won Nan's stitched bag. I think you're on a lucky streak!

Sherry :o) said...

Your retreat experience sounds absolutely fantastic! I love your winnings and all the other items you have pictured.

I am taking the items you recently finished for me to my sampler guild today. I am loving them to pieces!

Natasha said...

Oh Faye, this retreat sounds AMAZING! And all of those wonderful gifts you recieved what beautiful items.

Hmmm 2 years is far enough out, I may have to start saving :D

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend...

Anne said...

Wow! What an amazing retreat Faye! Congrats on winning the door prize! It's so beautiful!! Great new stash haul too!!

Louise said...

everything looks wonderful!! I have never been to a retreat, but wish I were with you on this one!
So glad you won the door prize..it couldn't have been gifted to anyone nicer. I am so thrilled for you.
Blessings,
Louise in NC

BrendaS said...

Faye- looks like you got some wonderful goodies! I love your new stash acquisitions too����

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Everything sounds so great! Love all the projects and can't wait to see your finishes. Congrats on your win, too. See you in a few day!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Giovanna said...

What a wonderful catch! Good for you, and great projects too - looks like an awesome event.

Andrea said...

How wonderful you should win something ... and so gorgeous. Lovely new stash too.

Nicole said...

I should have read closer (sorry) - what a great win!! The label is still a great idea! :)

Chris said...

What a wonderful event, what wonderful projects!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

SO very wonderful!

Jodi S said...

Wow looks like a fabulous time was had by all! Would love to attend some time.