Saturday, January 11, 2014

Peace House & more stitching....

Greetings friends~

What a week! Rarely will you hear me complain, but this ole Southern gal is not used to single digit temperatures~ Man 'o man, I'm glad that today is a lot warmer... Stormy, but warmer~

Often times, when I'm asked to finish a piece for someone and I need to practice a little first, I will take something of my own and use it to hone in on those specific sewing skills.... My practice piece of a pocket purse is what I modeled last weekend... I had an old alphabet I'd stitched many moons ago that worked.....

Prim Pocket Purse

... Lightly stained... Your hand can slide right into the pocket where you made a slit in your linen....

Prim Pocket Purse

~and, your slit in the linen has binding properly sewn, then hand stitched inside the lining....

Prim Pocket Purse

...a strap is sewn on the pocket so to tie around your waist, or hang on your shoulder.....


Prim Pocket Purse

I will find a better place to place my prim pocket purse...... But for now, it's perched on a cabinet top in my craft room.....

I also was able to stitch Marly's Christmas 2013 freebie a week or so ago... Isn't she the best??? Always putting free charts on her blog for all of us.. So tastefully crafted.... I think she should take the plunge and begin designing full time!!!! I know all of you most whole heartedly agree with me~

image

I'm still pondering its final finish... I want it to be "just right..."

image
I loved this little unexpected element to her design......

Finally, I completed a stitch this week.... I always have fun stitching a
La~D~Da design and this week was no exception!!!!

Peace House
I did amend one thread color (which I rarely do...), but the bottom border called for a black overdye and I used a very dark green by Victorian Motto that I had on hand....
Peace House
...stitched on 32 count Vintage Buttercream linen by Lakeside; 2over 2

Well, I'd better sign off.... Tornado warnings..... Until next time~

Kindly,

Faye



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

34 comments:

Lee Morrison said...

Faye, you do the most beautiful work. It's always inspiring to see all of your wonderful finishes!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Linda said...

Cute finishes Faye.

Linda

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing. Yes, this ole Southern girl was not designed for single digit temps. Spring where are you?

denise said...

beautiful stitches! be safe!!

Giovanna said...

What a gorgeous pocket, and lovely sampler finish too: great work! Stay safe.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely pocket and stitchy finishes!

Krista said...

Wonderful finishes! Love that Peace house design, it is so sweet!

Carolyn said...

LOVE your prim pocket finish! You do such beautiful work, both stitching and finishing. I have the same LaDDa pattern kitted up ready to go. I just love it. I've had it in my stash for awhile and pulled it out the other night. Yours looks great! :)

Margaret said...

All are beautiful finishes! You made that pocket just right -- it's wonderful!

Evelyne said...

Lovely work Faye!
Great bag you made!
Glad that it is warmer now.

Sherri said...

Beautiful finish and stitching. Always love to see what your creations.

Unknown said...

Love the bag. Beautiful as always!

Karen said...

Love your finishes as always! Wish there had been a little bit of snow mixed in those cold temps.

Stay warm and dry... happy stitching!

Cindy's Stitching said...

really pretty faye.

Myra said...

Such pretty finishes Faye - love the pocket purse. Lots of rain, thunder, and lightening here today. Crazy, crazy weather for us for sure.

Bianca said...

What a lovely pocket purse. Great stitching as usual!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Pretty pretties! The bag looks perfect, and your stitched pieces will be soon, I'm sure!
Go Panthers!!

Teresa said...

wonderful bag, and model from the la d da is one of my favorites, always good choices. a hug
teresa

Anonymous said...

I love your finishes! The prim pocket purse is perfect ♥♥♥ !!!

Vickie said...

Your pocket purse is real neat! I love La D Da anything! ;)

Mary said...

Wow Faye, even your practice pieces are awesome!

lisa said...

Faye...You are awesome!!! Lisa K

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful finishes...your work is beautiful! This ole Southern gal loves a bit of cold weather...for a day or two!
Robyn

moosecraft said...

Thanks so much for beginning my Sunday with some eye candy! You did a fine job on that pocket... I haven't been brave enough to try that type o finish yet. Both hands up here for voting Marly should start designing for selling! Peace house is in stash here... just waiting patiently to be stitched... I do like your choice of greens for the bottom border... Happy Sunday to you!

Kellie from Indiana said...

I finished the La D da pattern because its one of my all time favorites. I know exactly where I want to put it.. but no idea how I want to finish it! Your color change is purdy. So is your pocket purse. Love it.

Carol said...

I'm sure this cold wave was a real shock to all of you down South! It really was an awful spell that I hope won't be repeated in my lifetime :)

Love your practice piece, Faye--it looks perfect and that La D Da finish is wonderful, too. Marly's design looks great all stitched up--I know you'll find just the perfect way to finish it off!!

Mama Joan said...

Great job on your bag.

I really enjoy reading your blog even if I am terrible at leaving comments.

Stay safe and warm.

We have finally warmed up some here in Minnesota--it's a balmy 37 degrees:)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Such pretty stitching on all your projects! I particularly like Peace House. And the little prim bag is very nicely done!
Single digits, I'm sure that was harsh on your sensibilities. I sort of like them just because I feel it kills everything and then you can start fresh :)

msmartello said...

Love your purse finish Faye. It's beautiful. Stay safe!
Maureen

Anna van Schurman said...

Love the LaDDa piece. You know, I think I will take the cold over tornados.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Faye, it's always so fun to visit with you! I love the pocket. I've always wanted to try to make one of those either stitched or quilted. Have a good week!

Stitchinowl said...

Faye, Lovely stitching as always. The La D Da Peace House finish is my favorite!
Stay warm, Carolyn

Unknown said...

I love your poch I would like to try to sew one with that opening but I am a bit afraid.... Also the La D Da is just perfect!

Andrea said...

Beautiful finishing. The stitching finishes are lovely too.