Saturday, July 19, 2014

Some of my summer stitches....

Hello my friends~


I have had the most fun stitching these past weeks~ recharging and stitching go hand in hand! I'd like to say I've finished all my stitched pieces, I'd rather be sewing up YOUR finishes, so mine will be have to ready come next summer.... Here's a few I'll creatively bringing to life~

image
Ladies Prim Society~ designed by Blackbird designs & offered by
Dyeing to Stitch, Virginia Beach VA

image
This little guy holds the most perfect flag~

image
I personalized my piece by omitting a few flower pots, stitching Abigail Adams name over one so I could include a tiny patriotic banner of satin stitches~


image
...more personalization.... Another banner along with that all important date...

image
Sweet Land by NeedleWork Press~~ a collaboration piece between NWP and artist Nancy Mills~ I stitched mine using Belle Soie silks instead of the called for Tudor silks~~ This stitch is stunning in person!


image
La~D~Da My Country.... Don't you just her designs?? I do!! This one uses called for NPI's.....

image
Grand Old Flag by Heart in Hand~~ I've stitched this one many times and stitched it again~ the overdyes show beautifully.....

image
Glory Bee Freebie..... Another classic and quick stitch.... Mine hasn't had its coffee bath yet~~ Heres the link to Glory Bee for this chart ***Here***

image
In Full Glory by Blackbird Designs.....

image
I love about any design with a red house and a American flag~

image
Souvenirs of Summer... A book of cross stitch designs by Blackbird Designs~
This is an older book LOADED with Patriotic stitches!


One last design I'd like to show is Pomegranate Sewing Tray by Stacy Nash.. I will be studying this beautiful trays unique finish.... Once mastered on a practice piece, I'll finish this design into that beautiful tray that Tracy displays...
image
This will be the bottom of the tray~

image
Another angle shows you those beautiful overdyed threads...

image
.....swoon.... I just love that spool of thread.....

This weekend, I'll be devoting this afternoon and tomorrow in my craftroom.... Happily sewing and getting creative with finishing for you..... My haven and space to create... Thanks so much for your words of support; your blog comments, emails, Facebook tags and Private Messages are true inspirations for me~ I'm honored to help you bring your beautiful stitches to life in a form that's useful and that you can proudly display in your homes~

Enjoy your day...

Faye






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad Air

29 comments:

Penny said...

WOW!!! They are all just fabulous!!

Carol said...

Oh, Faye--I'm amazed at all the stitching you've done in addition to all that you finish for others! Really beautiful pieces and I love your changes in the first one...

Can't wait to see the beauties that spring from your weekend in your craft room :) ENJOY!!

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely Americana pieces!! They look fantastic :)

Maggee said...

Great stitching finishes Faye!

Anne said...

I'm surprised too how much you've stitched on top of finishing other people's stitching!! You are amazing!! Love all of your patriotic finishes!!

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching d

Bev said...

Your stitching is amazing!!! xx

Vickie said...

Whoo Hoo! You've been stitching up a storm! I am still in a patriotic mode myself. :)

marly said...

Wow. Half way through the post I felt like standing, hand over heart, and singing the Star Spangled Banner! But I waited till the end.

Barb said...

Such lovely finishes. I finished Abigail last night. I love your small changes. I did mine on 32 count to frame with a companion design.

Blu said...

So many lovely finishes!

Iris said...

Your stitching is beautiful. I love patriotic stitching. I am amazed that you have time to stitch with all the beautiful finishing you do.

Nancy Collins said...

Faye, This is such a great post!
Your stitching and finishes are so inspiring! Glory Bee has several wonderful patriotic freebies that are quick to stitch.
Thank you for sharing!

butterfly said...

beautiful red white and blue stitching .

Jennifer M said...

Beautiful stitching Faye:)

CindyC said...

OH, FAYE! I absolutely love EVERY SINGLE PIECE! Your stitching is always just so beautiful! I must ask you, though: Do you EVER sleep??? ;) Sending hugs, my friend!

Unknown said...

Wonderful patriotic colours and finishing!

LaNelle said...

Oh my gosh! What a whirlwind of stitching you have been on it is just to beautiful for words....wishing I had your speed....love it all Faye! Blessings my friend....

Cindy's Stitching said...

Faye they are beautiful. You have done so many pieces. They will be beautiful. It will be a great display of red, white and blue.

Miss Pants said...

Oh wow you have been busy this summer! I have the Abigail Adams one in my stash, nice to see it all stitched up!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Amazing that you get so many finishes done for others as well as beautiful stitching for your own collections! You're just the bomb! See all those fireworks! LoL.

Patty C. said...

Drooling over the pomegranate pattern!

Margaret said...

You pick the best pieces to stitch. Beautiful, all of them!!!

Merilde said...

Love all of these, Faye. Just gorgeous. there is just something about the flag and red, white, and blue that is so appealing, isn't there?
Lori

Beth said...

Awesome Faye - a wonderful group of patriotic stitches. The first is my favorite - the colors are so lush.

woolwoman said...

lots of beautiful patriotic stitching Faye. Love them all and glad you have the summer to enjoy all you love to do. Mel

Sherri said...

Wow, you've been busy! I love all of your pieces. Your needle must be smokin'!I love the Prim Society's piece; colors are beautiful. Can't wait to see how you finish them.

Mary said...

All awesome as always, Faye!

Anonymous said...

Just Beautiful Faye! - Debra