Friday, August 15, 2014

It's beginning to look....

Happy Friday!

I thought I'd give a shout out to the ladies who've been sending me their Christmas stitches to finish.... Don't get me wrong, these Fall stitches that are out there right now are beautiful, but I'm seeing quite a few of you getting a jump on the holiday season too... I'd like to feature a few of the finishes I've done for these smart stitchers~ You'll see many LittleHouse designs~ and more.......

image

image

image
This one is a design out of the 2014 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Preview issue


image
I taught myself to the Coral Stitch and added as an accent to this one~

image

image

image

image

image
This ornament bag will look sweet with holly leaves poking out the top~

image
This one will too.... I thought "couching" twine was a subtle touch on this more rustic LHN design.....

image
Beaded hangers often add to the theme....

That's it for today..... My last weekend before teacher workdays begin.... Then a brand new batch of darling 6year olds will come into my classroom on the 25th~~ I can't wait!!!.... Oh, some of you have emailed about my cut off date for Christmas finishes.... It's looking like October 15 will be the cutoff date... If you're thinking you may need me, but may miss the date by a little, please email me now so I can pencil you in..... Happy to help!!


Enjoy these special days as summer winds down.....

Faye


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad Air

32 comments:

butterfly said...

Beautiful finish on all.

Vickie said...

L♥ve!
My sweet girlfriend went back to school and got herself a teaching degree. She is preparing to teach 1st graders herself!!! :)

Jennifer M said...

Love em, makes me want to be stitching Christmas but I'm never that ahead of schedule. Thanks Faye:)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Sweet finishes--will add some a wonderful touch to someones home for the holiday season

Laurie said...

Your work is as beautiful as ever! Happy new school year.

Katken said...

...,sigh....I wish I could sew but I consider the sewing machine a power tool!! Lol. Beautiful all!! Maybe I'll skip the pumpkins & move on to snow as well!!

cucki said...

They all so sweet *.*

Kathy Ellen said...

Each and every one of your finishes makes these ornaments so special, Faye. You inspire me to be more creative with my own finishes, for sure!

Blessings!

Linda said...

Lovey finishes Faye.

Linda

Maggee said...

Yet more beautiful finishes to inspire us! And getting us thinking ahead... Hugs!

KimM said...

OH - so sweet -
xxx

marly said...

I saw the post title and wasn't going to peek. But I did. Snowflakes and winter look great on your finishes, but that's the only place I want to see them!

Wendy S. said...

My goodness how lovely those finishes are! I certainly could take a few lessons from you! =)

Mary said...

You're putting me in the mood for some holiday stitching! The finishes are lovely as ever.

llknbillburg said...

Fabulous finishes, as always! And your photos are wonderful. How nice it must be to be so creative!! Laura

Miss Pants said...

Oh all of those are so cute! You do such a great job!

Back to school, can you believe it?!

Carol said...

Love each and every one, Faye! I need to teach myself the coral stitch, too--what a nice touch :)

Blu said...

So many lovely finishes!

Hazel said...

Stunning finishes. I love the little string lights you have used on one if them. Totally gorgeous. X

Unknown said...

Everything is wonderful!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

♫♪♫  Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells ♫♪♫
Oh, wait... beautiful as always!

CindyC said...

Each and every finish is beautifully unique and bears the unmistakable "Faye Touch"! I just love looking at your pictures, hon! Enjoy these last days of summer and then meeting your precious new little class! (What lucky children!) Hugs! :)

Donna said...

Beautiful. You do amazing finishing work.

Cindy's Stitching said...

I enjoy looking at all the pieces and finishes. Things that make you smile. Very pretty Faye.

Sally said...

They are all beautiful Faye.

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful as always :) A real delight :)

Andrea said...

Beautiful, I love how you add the little extras.

woolwoman said...

WOW - so many beautiful finishes Faye - each so unique and interesting and perfect for the stitched piece. Lots of happy recipients out there. Hope you enjoy the 1st day of school. Mel

JoAnn said...

Loved all your finishes. I had never seen the Coral Stitch and googled it and found the instructions right away. Thank you so much for inspiring us with your lovely stitching.

Anne said...

Gorgeous finishes Faye! I think we all should be prepping for Christmas and stitch a few!!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Great finish! Congratulations!

Carol said...

You make an ornament look oh-so-special, Faye!! That santa is actually a LK design (I only know 'cause I've stitched him myself :)

Have a great year with those sweet students!