Sunday, July 24, 2016

Faded Flowers Needlebook....

Good Sunday morning to all! I've been super busy this past week, getting back home and settled in my craftroom.... I'd like to share a recent finish I completed for a most pleased customer....

Being a long time educator, for me there is nothing better than the feel of a hard back book in my hands... So, when I was called on to create this book, I quickly said yes!

This latest creation is a design by The Pinkeep called Faded Flowers... It's a kitted design offered through Country Sampler as part of their Prim Sisters Club~ A very simple design uniquely finished into a hardback book~ A true labor of love~

The front cover includes stitching, antique buttons and a strip if wool hand sewn as the binder....

Hand dyed silk ribbon ties the book together....

 

The back of the book is covered in a beautiful piece of wool....

You can see the wool strip that I hand stitched as the binder attaching front to back....

 

And, the inside of the book is simple... Both sides are covered in velvet... Then hand sewn around the edges to attach inside to outside....

Basically a blank palette inside the book to put cherished notes, momentos or about anything a stitcher would like to secretly tuck inside....

I was so glad I had the opportunity to finish this book and look forward to making more for others...

 

Here's hoping everyone enjoys their day!

 

Faye

 

12 comments:

BARBARA said...

That is beautiful Faye and such a clever idea !

CindyC said...

Yet another WONDERFUL finish, Sis! WOW! :) <3

woolwoman said...

As always a wonderful creative finish Faye! Lucky stitcher getting this beauty back. Love the yummy wool! Of course i would. Enjoy your Sunday, Mel

linda said...

There are not enough words to thank you for this finish. It is an heirloom I will treasure.

Willa said...

Simply beautiful! Running out of words here to describe your work!! Willa

C Reeder PhxAz said...

Stunning Faye. Fabulous idea and finish. I expected to scroll down and see the inside was a book jacket with an actual book slipped inside. What surprise to see the lovely velvet inside waiting for treasures! You amaze me again. Bless you.

Eszter/SubRosa said...

Gorgeous! Love this sewing book- fabrics and colors are so beautiful. Your work is perfect♥

Patricia Lessell said...

Just stunningly perfection 💙

Charlene ♥ NC said...

A new project for you, and beautiful outcome for her! Perfection, as usual. ❣

butterfly said...


Your work is always so beautiful.

rebelrosecreations@gmail.com said...

Clever idea and beautiful finish!

Sheryl said...

Beautiful work.