Monday, January 16, 2017

A little progress to show~

Greetings and good morning friends~ I have had busy hands these past few days.... Needless to say, my customers orders come first, however I devote the last hour of my day to personal stitching & finishing~ As I showed you last week, my current project is a red Quaker influenced piece by Rosewood Manor called My Token of Love... The Vintage Butter Pecan Lakeside 40 count linen with the "Best Used Brick" Victorian Mottoe Sampler thread are marrying together well....   

I've completed all the perimeter motifs... 

Each motif has its own unique shape..... I love the contrasts of them all~

As an educator, I am constantly reading and researching how the Quaker Schools incorporated stitching into the students daily activities... I'll be sharing tidbits with you along the way once I begin my next sampler..... Its a toss up between reproduction samplers,  the Sarah Tatum Sampler and the Sarah Moon Sampler..... stay tuned~ 

Design size on 40 count is 8 1/2 by 9 inches... so, if your a 32 count stitcher, your design size would be about 10 3/4 by 11 1/4 inches.... 

 

Okay.... That's it for now.... I'm headed into my craft room to create treasures for fellow Stitcher's and tonight I plan on putting more tiny "x's" in this sweet sampler......

 

Enjoy your day!

 

Faye

 

17 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Faye, the perimeter is gorgeous and I am glad that it met up. I look forward to your lessons from the Quaker girls. Thank you for sharing!

gracie said...

Really very pretty. I will look forward to your posts about Quaker schools and stitching.

Maggee said...

Wow--it is just so pretty! Perfect combination of thread with fabric! I look forward to seeing more progress posts! Hugs!

CindyC said...

You are going to town on this one, Sis! I'm really in love with the linen / floss combo! It's super beautiful! :) <3

Arlene G said...

I do love red work...that is just lovely. I have ordered a Quaker Easter Egg and hope to get it done before April.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Beautiful progress! I'm happy to see you've decided to include the final hour of your day for your personal stitching. I hope that will keep the finishing fun!! Hugs! ❣

Kevin said...

This is beautiful, Faye! I especially love your choice of red and must write myself a note so I'll remember to order some of that "Best Used Brick" from Nancy/Victorian Motto Shoppe! Always love seeing your finishing work and love that you've shared this wip by Rosewood Manor! Look forward to your future progress pics! Kevin

Will a stitch said...

This piece is lovely!! I use VMSS threads and love them. Your finishing is also beautiful.

Judy Heartland stitcher

Virginia said...

What a beautiful piece! Your stitching is beautiful.

Stitching Noni said...

Gorgeous! Love the colour of the thread :o)
Hugs x

deb said...

Your Quaker piece is coming along beautifully! Love how petite it is on the 40-count.

And will be looking forward to reading what you have to share about methods in the Quaker Schools.

Kelly K. said...

Gorgoeous, Faye! And you are really productive with that one hour at the end of the day! :-) Could I ask where you purchase your stitching fabric? I'm having the hardest time finding anything local. I have several finished projects just about ready to send to you and will contact you in the next week.

Carol said...

This is so lovely, Faye! I am sure you are in stitching heaven with all the red :)

Hope your 2017 is going well so far!

Nicole said...

This is so pretty Faye!!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Beautiful work.

RJ said...

Such a beautiful piece Faye! Your stitching is gorgeous and like others I love that color red. I will have to order some for myself. I look forward to hearing what you read about Quaker children and stitching. Happy 2017'! RJ

Loretta said...

I'm also stitching RM My Token of Love, it really is a joy to stitch <3 Yours is looking lovely! <3