Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Ahhhhh... the joys of spring!~ achoo!!

 
 
Spring is bursting here in the Carolinas!!! Along with ALL the dreaded yellow pollen~ Soon, perhaps, we will have a hearty shower of rain to knock most of it down... Its always interesting to see the swirls of yellow in the rain water as it flows down the streets.....    Today, I'm sharing a few of my recent finishes.... These are some done for many of you.... Enjoy!!

 

Parson Brown

Notforgotten Farm

 

 Up close hand stitching details.... 
 
Primitive Stitchers Society freebie design by Notforgotten Farm
Padded cushion in fluted tin~ 
Carolina Stitcher kits for this design available at the PSS Retreat in May in Columbus OH
(Kits available to everyone after the retreat....)
 

Birds of A feather

Frosty the Snowman 

 

Piped edging and fully lined~

 

Sisters Three 

Stacy Nash Primitives 

Homespun were perfect compliments.....

   

 

 Home Sweet Home 
Littlehouse Needleworks
Carolina Stitcher 12 x 15" project bag with matching 19" project roll
 
 
Button Button 
With thy Needle & Thread
Needle Park Flat Fold
 
I used coordinating wool to match the pretty bird instead of attaching buttons....
 

Nicely padded so you can park your needles or pins~ 

   
Littlehouse Needleworks

 

Joy~Blackbird Designs

Just Cross Stitch magazine Christmas issue 

Just Cross Stitch Christmas issue 

Designer and issue info not provided 

Cute charms adorn almost every ornament I finish....  

This customer has 3 more ornaments to showcase this Christmas~ 

Additionally, I wanted to show my own progress of my Quaker sampler stitch...

 

Sarah Tatum

Scarlet Letter Samplers

(Progress from my previous blog post)

Another sweet motif from sweet Sarah's young creative mind....

Lots more to be stitched.... I am so loving the journey on this one......

Here's hoping you share smiles, hugs and bright moments with people you love~ 

 

Always,  Faye

     

24 comments:

CindyC said...

Your finishes are spectacular, as always! Loved seeing the progress you're making on your gorgeous piece too, Sis! Looking forward to seeing you real soon! :) <3

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Quaker piece is looking great. The unknown ornament you finished and shared is by Blackbird Designs, but can't remember its name. I always enjoy your picture walks, Faye.

Cindy's Stitching said...

So pretty Faye. love seeing all the pieces done.

LindaLee said...

I always enjoy coming here to visit and seeing all your beautiful stitching. Love your finishes.

marly said...

Yours is the best finish that I have seen to date for Button Button. Perfect fabric choices. As always.

woolwoman said...

So many beautiful things Faye - just lovely finishes and beautiful stitches. Happy customers getting their things in the mail - Love so many of them! Your progress on Sarah is amazing. I know you are counting the days till retirement. Cheers Mel

Jackie's Stitches said...

Beautiful finishing and your photos are always so wonderful! I hope the school year is winding down nicely!

Sherri said...

Love them all!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Beautifully detailed, as always! 💙

Maryann Olsaver said...

Your Quaker Sampler is stunning as are all of your finishings ❤

Pam in Virginia said...

Each photo is a delight! I think my favorite in this post is the Little House 2016 Christmas ornament - you always add such special details and fabrics. Is there any chance you would share where you find your lovely ribbons and charms? Thank you for your inspiring finishes.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Gorgeous finishing, as always! You're making great progress on your sampler! I don't know when you ever find time to stitch with all the finishing you do! You're amazing!

Carol said...

It's always a treat when I see a new post pop up from you, Faye! Love each and every one of your finishes and I'm happy to see that with all you do, you still have time to stitch, too :) When you retire, just think of all the happy hours you'll have!

sandi s said...

Your stitching and all your finishes are fantastic! I love seeing how you finish other people's stitching. Hugs,

Iris said...

Beautiful as always. I especially love the stocking.

Jennifer M said...

Beautiful finishes Faye<3

Karen said...

They are all so lovely! Inspiration for sure. My favorite is the With Thy Needle & Thread piece. Do you know the name of the pattern? I searched Google and Pinterest and do not see it. I know Brenda does limited edition kits so I wondered if it was a kit. I adore it! Perfection again.

RJ said...

Today was such a lovely treat Faye? Your finishes are stunning as usual. I have so many favorites but of course I love the flat fold as Mary sent her beautiful stitching and your gorgeous finish to me. It's a winning combination!!! Your sampler is coming along perfectly...so much progress made. I don't know how you get so much done. I can't wait for your retirement to see what lies ahead in the cross stitch world. You are a true inspiration. RJ

Pam said...

Great work. I have recently started cross stitching again after being away from it for about 15 yrs. I don't do a lot of larger projects but mostly smaller, Christmas ornaments for the family. Glad I found your blog, can't wait to see what else you are doing. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

Faye, I too cannot wait for your retirement, I'm always amazed at how much you accomplish. Your finish on Button Button was perfection, I loved the choices you made in colors and fabric, it's a perfect needle holder. Thank you for such a lovely finish to my stitching. Mary

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Such pretty finishes. Lovely to see your continued progress on the Quaker sampler.

Lillie said...

What a delightful post and lovely finishes.
Your Quaker looks wonderful.

Kris said...

Happy retirement! You are going to LOVE it! I loved my career but I never looked back and looking forward and having time to stitch and do the things I want is absolutely wonderful. I do enjoy your blog. Your stitching is perfection.

From a retired French teacher in Pennsylvania.



Kris said...

Please educate me on the difference between cotton floss and silk. Is the silk look that much nicer?