Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Commemorating a special visit and today’s picture walk~

Greetings friend!!  So many stitchy things have happened since my post a couple weeks ago.... 

Let me say right off the top, if you ever have an opportunity to meet Nicola Parkman of Hands Across the Sea Samplers, you really should! Her lectures and workshops are amazing~ I had the rare opportunity to attend an event at Sassy Jacks in Weaverville, NC on Jan 5 where Nicola shared historical details about many reproduction Samplers she has reproduced……… Every attendee was totally mesmerized with not only her beautiful British accent, but all the work she does researching genealogy details about the young girls who stitched these antique  Samplers.... Find her on YouTube and you will want to watch each of her videos~ 

Our class piece involved freehand stitching, which I was extremely inexperienced in doing.... but most willing to learn and practice. Here are my end results in the Stitch.... It was total fun!


A special design with satin Stitches, cross Stitches and free hand motifs..



I wanted to personalize my piece with a pocket on the back including  “Nicola Parkman 2018” so I could always remember my first visit with her... 


Our class kits included all materials to complete your freehand into a finished Pinkeep or needlebook.... Nicola also gifted each attendee and Auction Sampler book in a British Bag inaddition to the kit. And, to top it all off, we had an English.... British tea served in china cups with saucers with tea cookies of all types... I wished the day didn’t have to end…… it was just that amazing!



Of course, I’ve been creating finishes in my craftroom for many of my customers... Here are a few that I can share with you....


With thy Needle & Thread




Plum Street Sampler freebies


Carolina Stitcher Project bags


Blackbird Designs 


As I close I want to remind you to live your life to the fullest, with no regrets...  My daily reminder. 


Always, 

Faye


No comments: