Friday, September 5, 2014

Something new......*****Edited*****

Happy weekend my friends!!!!

*****Edited: WOW~~~~I am grateful and amazed at the number of responses I am getting about my latest Project Roll post.... Thank you guys~~~~ to answer a few questions....I have no pattern to offer... This is a self created vision of mine and each piece is custom... I will not have a stock to pull orders from...., I take your request of fabric colors and go from there... You may mail me your fabric (half yard of both outer and lining fabrics~)... If so, your price will be 30.00 instead of 32.00.... Many of you were interested in the pretty cross stitch piece shown in my roll-up... It's one of the designs from Lori Brechlin's Autumn at Notforgotten Farm book.... I love this book of her's as it is chocked full of designs and ideas... Check it out!!.... Keep the requests coming... Orders are coming in and there's about a 4 week turnaround time right now.... My complete profile has my email address listed~ I'd love to hear from you..... More to come~****** Well, ...... what's 20 inches by 14 inches, rolls up and protects???? My newly created Project Roll....!

When a customer, (thank you Linda :)) recently challenged me to put my spin on this concept, I was stepping W-A-Y out of my box.... Her comments went something like this.... "I have something I'd like you to consider... Or, you can tell me to go jump in the lake!.... But, I'd like Carolina Stitcher to come up with some kind of a roll up that I can lay my project linen flat, roll it up and secure it to keep it protected and unwrinkled....." Knowing there are a few things ready made out there like this already, I took her up on her challenge to see what I could come up with.... It ended up being less intimidating than originally thought... And, after several mock-up designs in my craftroom, here's what I came up with~

image
20 inches long..... With 2 ties to secure.....

image
Quilted cotton fabric to lay your linen on.... Rolls out about 14 inches~

image

image
Rolling up will keep your linen without fold creases....

image
The ends are secured with round, fabric covered discs....


image
Your project is safely rolled up inside....

image
Secured with nice ties... And subtle Carolina Stitcher accents...


image
Made to match your Carolina Stitcher project bag.....
Don't you just LOVE being organized??? Let me know your thoughts..... I'm taking orders and if you email me, I'll be happy to provide all the details~~ Thanks!

Headed to Chapel Hill tomorrow to attend the UNC football game!!!

Go Tarheels!!!

Faye



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad Air

47 comments:

Karen said...

What a great idea! I think you nailed it too.

Have fun tomorrow....

Karen

MartyG said...

These are great and beautifully made. Great job. MartyG

Pamela said...

This is perfect for stitching projects! You did a great job. Beautiful fabric, too! Thank you for sharing.
Pam

melodyr said...

I love it! What a great way to keep projects clean and wrinkle free.

Heather said...

It's perfect!

CalamityJr said...

I definitely need that!

Anonymous said...

I want one!

Anonymous said...

I want one!

Laura said...

Where do I sign up to get some? Love!!

cucki said...

It's so sweet ..I have one in blue doll pattern and so great in use
Big hugs x

Hazel said...

I love it!!!! Will you make to order????

LaNelle said...

Fantastic Faye! I would love one ...once again perfection accomplished......love football Enjoy!

CindyC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CindyC said...

I'm in love with this, Faye! It's just too awesome! :)

Miss Pants said...

Love the project roll. My stitching group just recently got together and each made one. I love it! Perfect for keeping my huge piece of linen for Hawk Run Hollow neat and tidy.

Next you should think about Q-snap covers. I've got leftover fabric from my project roll. ;)

Melody said...

What a beautiful take on a great idea! I love it!!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

This is a beautiful thing my friend!
perfect for traveling and so very very pretty ~ genius!!!
BB,
L

Carol said...

How pretty--and so very useful, Faye!! Another brilliant creation :)

jan c. said...

Love this idea.....have you ever thought of publishing a pattern? I am a finisher and would love to make these...great idea!!!!

Nancy W said...

Love this! I also wish I knew what pattern that was as I love the house! :)

Gwen said...

Faye love the roll up, you did a wonderful job. Please can you share the name of the cross stitch pattern.

Christine said...

Wow, a week ago I started attempting one of these myself but it sure doesn't look as beautiful as your's! Great job!

moosecraft said...

Love it, love it, love it! And yes... I'd LOVE to know the details! :-)

Mmanka said...

What a great idea! This is perfect for stitching projects! Thank you for sharing with us!

Jenny said...

Another beautiful creation, Faye! I absolutely love this and the colors are just perfect!

P.J. said...

As always anything you put your hands to is beautiful. :) I interested in these for sure!

Cindy's Stitching said...


That is great. Real pretty. Sweet Sweet.

Kathy Barrick said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Way to go!!

Blu said...

Oh wow! What a great way to fabric wrinkle free!

Koala said...

What a great idea!! I do roll my projects, well, some of them, but I never came up with the thought of covering the roll :-))))) thank you!!

Adria said...

Never thought to roll projects. What a great idea.

laceystitcher said...

Love it - it is perfect! Please post if you are planning to make these to sell as I would love to have one. Also, can you share the name of the stitched piece shown with your post? It is wonderful. Thanks again for sharing your talent with all of us - I always know yours posts are never disappointing!

Pam in KS

SamplerNut said...

Oh Yes!!! Love it!! I have been looking for something like this forever. I would love one of these. You say you are taking orders? Can we send you our choice of fabric?

Margaret said...

Very nice! I like your version very much!

Becky said...

Beautiful! I would love to get some details on this. Thanks!

Krista said...

So fantastic!! What a beautiful way to store the stitched pieces!

Jennifer said...

How clever! You are so creative. They look great and so useful too.

Yuko said...

This is just a wonderful idea and just gorgeous!!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Great idea -- and perfect results. Hope the game was, too :-)

Anna Zont said...

WOW! Great idea!

woolwoman said...

wonderful Faye - I saw a friend with one similar at our stitch in this past week and yes I would love to have one. Just have to visit the quilt shop and find some lovely fabric to send to you.
Thanks for sharing your creativity. Mel

Nancy E. said...

I think a smaller version would be great also. 8x10 or 10x14 inches! Combo Set!
Everything you finish is Beautiful. Wisconsin Nancy

Jennifer H said...

Faye,

What sizes can you make of this? This is so lovely! I would love to order one or two of these. :)

Hugs and Love,
Jennifer H

EvalinaMaria said...

So well done! Thank you for sharing.

Sally said...

Oh wow that is perfect and so pretty.

Brenda A said...

Whoa! Your's looks amazing! :)

Kathy said...

Haven't been on for a while and was hoping you'd post some pictures from your weekend. Can't wait to hear all about it. Have fun