Saturday, September 27, 2014

One week ago today~... And a picture walk~

Greetings friends and stitchers!

Well.... It's been a week and I'm still giddy!! Last weekends trip to Notforgotten Farm will be hard to top..... I'm still reeling from all the excitement~

First off, I got to meet, AND hang out with, the talented Nan Lewis of Threadwork Primitives on Friday night..... We all stayed at the same Lynchburg VA motel so we could meet and greet before the long awaited Saturday trip out to Lori's beautiful farm..... Sharing in all the excitement were Theresa Meloon of Dulaney Woods Primitives, Mimi Martz, Michele Blanco and Pat Simon....
image
At the farm.... Theresa, Nan, Faye, Pat, Michelle & Mimi... It was a glorious Fall day... Perfect for this large outside event~ If you've never been, you really should pencil it on your 2015 to-do list~ well worth the travel!


I'm not real sure my feet were even touching the ground at this point as I met Lori Brechlin for the very first time......
image


Much less, here......
image
And, yes, she is as personable and heart warming as she appears... A true people person who mingled freely among the guests and shared ideas openly about our common love of needle art~

image
Here we all are...standing in that famed front porch of her shop... That very house you often see on her blog...where she's inspired and often works peacefully in the wee hours of the day.... A VERY inspirational space~
...Michelle Blanco, Faye Riggsbee, Theresa Meloon, Nan Lewis, Pat Simon, Lori Brechlin & Mimi Martz

I won't share photos of my stash but trust me, wools, punchneedle supplies, patterns, charts...on and on... Came home with me..... Some of us even got a punchneedle needle lesson from Theresa Meloon back at the motel Sat. Night~ thank you Nan for the practice design and, Theresa, for the patience and guidance of the punchneedle lesson.... Needless to say, I'm hooked! More to come on that soon.....

Back home in the craftroom, I've been busy..... Project rolls are heading out... If you are still waiting for yours, you'll be receiving yours in the next couple weeks.... In the meantime, I'd like to share photos of recent finishes..... YOUR stitches~~~MY finishing ideas..... Enjoy!

image
Autumn Song by Blackbird Designs.... Mounted on a painted and distressed box.... Custom cording~

image

image

image

image
Partiotic Punchneedle mounted on distressed box...

image
I used complimentary fabric and wool applique to represent a flag~ custom cording~


image
Painted black-blue box.... Lightly distressed~

image
Padded fabric insert in the bottom of the box.... Small details that gives polish to your piece.....

image


image
LittleHouse Needleworks .... Summer Stitching... Made into a needlebook..

imageWith a rusty star.... Civil War fabrics...

image
Inside pockets....


image
Subtle details.....

image
Threadwork Primitives~ Beggars Christmas...

image


And, ornaments galore~
image

image

image

image

image

imageScarlett House Polka Dots & Alphabets pincushion....

image
Wool Drawstring bag....

image
Fully lined.....

image
12 x 15 project Bag with Blackbird. Designs insert~ scissor charm on zipper! lined bag with French Seams....

My project roll..... Of course, you knew it would be made out of red fabrics....

image

Red fabric that has been stained and dyed..... Prim style!

image
Stitch shown is Ann's Sampler by Threadwork Primitives


image


image


image


That's about all I have for today...... I hope your weekend is nice and filled with things that make you happy~

Faye




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad Air

29 comments:

Miss Pants said...

What a fun trip! I believe my sampler group might head up there next year. Love the finishes!

Vickie said...

Wowie zowie! So cool. Lovely work Faye.

BARBARA said...

Your finishing is second to none and I can't wait for my things to be done........feel free to post any if you desire. This post is truly inspiring and We await the punch needle projects :)

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

can't say enough about how having you all visit me made me feel ~ my heart is going to burst!!! Faye you are a kind, sweet & talented Lady and I so enjoyed meeting you and the other girls ~ cannot wait till we're all together again :)
THANK YOU again for the most beautiful, most useful sewing roll gift ~ you're a peach!
xoxoxox
L

Krista said...

What a great post! What a fun trip you had. I can only hope to get there sometime too, it is on my bucket list for sure!

Margaret said...

Lucky you to go to that event at Not Forgotten Farm! Love all your finishing too. Beautiful!

Melody said...

Your finishing is absolutely beautiful! I love your ideas, they make the piece so much more than it was prior to your work. I must send you something of mine to finish one of these days.

How wonderful that you got to go to Notforgotten Farm. I'm sure it was a memorable trip.

Mimi said...

Faye,
I found your blog through Pinterest, and every time I stop by I am completely blown away by your creative talent. Your pictures of all those finished projects make me want to go create something! Ha! Thanks for sharing your beautiful finishing work.

gracie said...

Can you spare a tissue...I am drooling!

LindataxPA said...

Faye - what a wonderful weekend you had! So glad for you. And your finishing - so much detail, I just love it. Particularly love your project roll. The red alphabet suits you to a tee. The little stitched piece on the inside is perfect!

Linda

denise said...

beautiful!!!!!!!!! i need to get you to finish some of mine. looked like a fun trip!

Linda said...

Beautiful finishing Faye. Looks like your trip was fun.

Linda

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Your trip to the farm to Lori was certainly gorgeous!
I saw pictures Lori on her blog.
Everything so beautiful !!!
And your embroidery I really like !!!
Greetings:-)

moosecraft said...

Sooo cute! A little star struck, maybe? ;-) I'd love to get out to Notforgotten Farm one day! Maybe next year. Love all of your finishes... especially the Blackbird one!

Ronda said...

Looks like a great trip and great company..thanks for sharing!!

Maggee said...

How thrilling for you to visit with all those great designers and artists! I know you were stoked! Your finishes are wonderful, as always! Hugs!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Looks like you had an awesome time. Good for you. All of the beautiful, just gorgeous Faye.

CindyC said...

I loved your post so much, as I always do! The pics of your NFF trip just made me smile, and I truly hope to be able to join y'all next time! The pics of your recent finishes were just so beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing, Sis! :)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

So glad you had a great time! Looks like everyone did. Beautiful finishes! Have a great Sunday!

KimM said...

I so love to see your finishes. They are creative, beautiful and inspiring. So glad you had a good time on your 'outing'.
xxx

Laura said...

So glad you had such a wonderful trip out to NFF and such wonderful company!!!!! Everything you finished is so so so gorgeous!!!!

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Sweet Faye, I was just as thrilled and excited to meet you too. I could not have imagined having a better time then we all did. We really got to share so may laughs and memories. Keep punching my friend and we will have to plan the next get together! Hugs and Smiles, Nan

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

BTW....your finishing is AMAZING as always my dear...so much in that vault of yours....LOL

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Beautiful pieces! So glad you had a fun time on your trip! I did too :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your outing to Notforgotten Farm looks like great good fun! And all of your finishing is stunning :)

Carol said...

How wonderful to get together with such great stitching friends, Faye--I can tell by those big smiles that it was a day you'll always remember!

Really amazing finishes as always, Faye--I couldn't pick a favorite, but that round box has to be close to the top of the list!!

valerie said...

Looks like you all had a great trip/retreat together Faye! How exciting. Your finishes are lovely...really liking your project bags and rolls.

Sally said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time Faye.

Lots of truly beautiful finishes.

Karen said...

Oh I wish I had gone! Every year I tell myself I am going to go the event in Myrtle Beach since I am only 3 hours away, every year I say to myself I am going to go Lone Star Mercantile since I am about 2 hours away, and then I say to myself Virginia is not that far! But I didn't do it. Maybe next year then. I love to see your finishes and marvel that you work and do all that you do! Your finishes are the prettiest and so unique. Your are my inspiration! Hope to meet you one year as I live in Greenville NC. We have NO shops here that can provide quality goods or even inspiration. Sad me:), but happier pocket book!