Friday, March 20, 2015

Welcome Spring~***Edited April 3***

....Happy Spring All....
*****BlogPress has major kinks in its latest upgrade.... Find me on FaceBook or perhaps soon, BlogPress will get things resolved and I can post here~~ **sigh, technology...***
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Finally! I ***think*** we going to kick off springtime here in the Carolinas~~ Its warming up some and it's time to show you a few recent creations that will surely remind of sunnier days ahead.... enjoy~~

Untitled
Easter Parade by With thy Needle & Thread

Untitled
I rouched a wider (5/8") ribbon for the edging.... I love the extra pop of color it gives~


Im pretty sure this customer stitched on a 40 ct linen.... Called for overdyed threads...





Happy Spring by Snowflower Diaries.... A freebie design... I made this one into a thin padded pillow to out in sweet childs Easter Egg basket~~







Easter Parade by With thy Needle & Thread..... I made a large pillow~


A simple cotton lace is sewn on each end of the pillow.... Allowing no distractions from this beautifully stitched design....

On a side note to my cross stitch finishing, I thought I'd share a few framed pieces I have hung in our home..... Just picked up from the framers.....I've started a Scarlet Letter Sampler area in the dining room....

From left to right....And All was for an Appil.....Rebecca Robinson....Margaret Randolph


And in my breakfast nook....over the pie safe...

I knew once I had seen this design, I'd have to stitch it! It's Land of the Free by Willow Hill Samplings.... Look ***here*** to see where I was ........




Well..... Here's hoping your weekend is great! Keep stitching and enjoying the March Madness~~

.......Go Tarheels......

Faye


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad Air

35 comments:

Hilda said...

Dear Faye,
your Spring finishes are gorgeous! I love love the Easter parade - it is such a pretty finish!
Your framed samplers are simply stunning. The dark wall with this wonderful stitchings looks very elegant!
Thanks for sharing.

Have a wonderful Spring weekend!

Hugs
Hilda

Justine said...

Thank you for sharing these finishes. They are so inspiring! I too love those samplers against the dark red walls.

ceraso said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely finishes. It's really Spring there!Have a nice weekend!

Les créations de Cry said...

ricami splendidi. ciao cry68

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching Faye , love your framed samplers.
How can we tell it's the home of a stitcher ha.
Just beautiful.

Kathy Barrick said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous work!!!

cucki said...

Beautiful stitches
They all so cute xx

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

As always your finishes are lovely! Love all the framed samplers. The dark red walls make them pop!

Cindy's Stitching said...

pretty spring pieces. All of the framed pieces look amazing. how sweet to see those each day.

denise said...

beautiful!!! i need to get you to do some finishing for me! love,love,love!!!!

chickenchupacabra said...

Beautiful photos! Thank you. Every time I see that Easter Parade, I love it, but then remind myself that I'm not that in to "cute", so I talk myself out of purchasing it . . . . as I age, I feel myself gradually giving in to cute more & more. ha!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Beautiful finishes, Faye! Love your sampler wall, too!

Natasha said...

All are lovely. Your framed pieces are beautiful. I am really enjoying March Madness. Not really cheering for anyone in paticular, although I did fill out a bracket.

Enjoy this warm weather we are having here finally and take care :)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

A fresh breath of spring through your finishes, and a nice hug from home with your sampler displays! Thanks for sharing.

Ranae said...

Beautiful finishes, absolutely stunning as always
Happy spring!!

Laurie said...

Hey Faye, the rouched ribbon sure does add that extra special touch. And your stitching is nothing to sneeze at....as the saying goes. Lol! It's so gorgeous! Happy Spring!

Frances said...

Beautiful finishes, as always! I also love the Easter Parade!! So sweet!

Margaret said...

Makes me feel like Easter is coming at last! Love your SL corner too, and love "Free!"

Anne said...

Gorgeous finishing Faye, I especially love the ruched edging on those sweet Spring stitches. Your Scarlett Letter wall is beautiful too!!

Mary said...

What springtime fun, Faye! Your displayed pieces are wonderful too - thanks for sharing them.

Laura said...

Faye those are just super fabulous finishes!!!!! Love your walls of samplers. Breathtaking!!!

Louise said...

beautiful Faye, Everything!!!!!
:)

Louise xx

CindyC said...

Your finishes and your newly-framed pieces are just stunning, Sis! :)

woolwoman said...

OH MY ! lucky stitchers getting those beauties back just in time to enjoy for Easter festivities. Loved taking a peek at your SL wall and I love Home of the Free, I have it started but no where near finished. Glad to hear spring has sprung in NC. Enjoy! Mel

Unknown said...

It's 19 degrees here so it does not feel much like spring. I welcomed viewing your spring finishes! They are so very beautiful.

Gorgeous samplers!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Land of the Free is so wonderful - I love, love it. And your spring parade is so sweet! blessings, marlene

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'm hoping to start Peter and Peep this week. Could you tell me what thread count you used and how large your pillow is? Thanks.

Julianna said...

I would love to stitch the Willow Tree Sampler - Land that I Love but a quick search at 3:30am doesn't lead me anywhere. Do you know where I might buy it? Did you substitute any colors?

patti hankinson said...

Love all your work!!! I too would love to stitch Land of the Free but can't find it anywhere!!

Kelly aka STITCHNMOMMA said...

I love the rouched ribbons you used on the pillows!

talou1 said...

que de belles créations j'aime talou

Hazel said...

Oh my! Such beautiful stitching Faye as ever. Love love love. xxx

Patricia Lessell said...

I love it all your finishing is just gorgeous malorgeous.
Love
Patti xxx

CathieJ said...

Beautiful finishes. I really like the piece over your pie safe.

Ellen said...

I'm new in this blog! ...and I'm enchanted! Wonderful works! Hugs!