Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016's last picture walk.......

Greetings friends!!!! Hard to believe we're flipping the calendar soon to January 2017!! Hard to believe....
 
 I hope everyone's Christmas was nice... Mine was.... My children and I spent Christmas Day together.... It always amazes me how they've become grown men with lives of their own..... I'm SO proud of them!
I'd like to take a quick moment to say a heartfelt "Thank~you" for all the nice comments, words of encouragement and inspirational feedback you give me with my blog posts.... I truly draw my creativity and designing inspiration from you, my friends and customers~ 2017 will bring continued stitching, sewing and finishing services... so, stay tuned~ 
 
I'd like to share a few finishes from early December...... 
 
 
Valentine Sampler
With thy Needle & Thread
A co-ordinated 5 piece set
 
I painted, distressed and waxed a paper mâché box...... Then mounted the padded heart trimmed with mini-Pom Pom trim~
 
I like to make a padded bottom in the box.....   
Pin pillow fits nicely inside.....  
....tiny "x's" line the seams......  
Rouched distressed seam binding on the scissor fob~  
...a tiny wool appliqué red heart on the back...   
A classic With thy Needle & Thread Needlebook... I love all the  buttons dangling along the bottom~  
A pocket and padded pin cushion is inside.....  
All topped off with a monogrammed 12 x 15" Carolina Stitcher project bag....  
    Stay safe and enjoy ringing in our new year today.....  Many blessings, much peace, happy hearts & creative stitching hands~  
 
 
Faye 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

22 comments:

pj said...

Happy New Year Faye! May 3017 bring you joy in your work, fun with friends, love with your family, and health to you! I truly wish you days ahead that always make you smile! It is infectious!

You brought many smiles to others during 2016 with your cr active finishing talents and are so appreciated! Keep on keeping on with your sewing skills!

Cheers!

Love ya,
Pam in Iowa

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Wishing you and yours a blessed New Year!
Love, Angie

Anonymous said...

That is truly beautiful work and to top it off that wonderful zippered bag. You amaze me. Happy New Year!

Terry Darmstatter
Illinois

Heritage Hall said...

Absolutely beautiful. In awe of your creativity
and the refinement of your finishing. Praying
you and yours a New Year of good health, well
being and prosperity of spirit.
Blessings
Mary

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful set you created, Faye! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Pam in Virginia said...

Each and every piece is a true work of art and beauty. I am always amazed at the little touches you add - the wool heart on the back of the pinkeep, the tiny X's at the seam line, padded bottom in the box, the buttons, the charms - and wonder how is it Faye always thinks of these lovely additions that make these projects go from the simple to the magnificent? You have genius, creativity and such talent. I'm always agog when I read your blog! Happy New Year, and I look forward to your 2017 posts.

woolwoman said...

Such an exquisite set Faye, just gorgeous! I sure wish you many happy times in 2017, can't thank you enough for all the beautiful things you've finished for my folks and I. We hope there will be many more lovely finishes. Hugs with warm and wooley-thoughts Mel

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Gorgeous! Each piece a work of art on its own! Happy New 2017. May each day be better than the last. Hugs❣️ Peace

linda said...

May your new year be blessed beyond measure! You truly are an inspiration and artist!

marly said...

Oh that fabric. The box bottom piece is so perfectly matched to the stitchery. Gorgeous set. Happy new year!

xJuDesign said...

Wonderful stitchings😍I wish you a happy new year!

Karen said...

Beautiful! Your finishing is always amazing. Happy New Year!

Sandy said...

As usual, all are amazing. I love that heart key fob and the fabric in the bottom of the dos is perfect.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Always enjoy seeing your beautiful finishes. Hope that 2017 will be good to you and yours. Have a Happy New Year!
Robyn

Carolina Mia said...

Happy New Year 2017 und viel Gesundheit und Liebe. Vera

CathieJ said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for the latest picture walk.

RJ said...

Happy New Year Faye! My dear friend Mary had you finish all those gorgeous stitches for my birthday. I have always wanted a Faye finish but to have five put me “over the moon".
Mary is such a generous and thoughtful friend but she really outdid herself with such beautiful stitches. And then you did your finishing magic and turned them into the prettiest set I’ve ever seen. Thank you so much for making it a perfect birthday. May 2017’ be a wonderful year for you and filled with beautiful finishes for all of us that love to see your work. RJ

Maggee said...

The last pieces of 'art' for 2016... and what beauties they are! Tho I have not been commenting and blogging as much the last bit of the year, I must tell you that I have very much enjoyed seeing your posts, with the finishes. So inspiring! Without the blogs I read, my stitching life might have come to a complete stop last year! Thank you for sharing with us! Hugs!

Christina said...

Your finishes are just beautiful. Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful finishing. Happy New Year!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Happy new year Faye. Beautiful pieces as always

Carol said...

It's always a fun day when I see a new "Picture Walk" post from you, Faye!! Everything is so lovely and I always feel inspired after looking at your photos.

Wishing you and your family all the best in this new year!

Kaisievic said...

Faye, what a gorgeous Valentine's Sampler set - your stitching is so very beautiful. Happy New Year to you and your family.