Sunday, August 13, 2017

August picture walk......

Good morning friends!! Its been a busy time in my craft-room since my last post... I have had the privilege of working on a couple designers model finishing projects that will be 2018 releases that I cannot show you yet.....  But, what I CAN reveal today are several customer finishes that have been delivered to their forever homes~ Please enjoy todays picture walk....  
I absolutely love this sewing roll by Theresa Meloon of Dulaney Woods Treasures... She designed not only a sweet little stitch, but a sewing roll with several pockets, wool appliqué and thread rings.. My customer is over the moon with this finished project...  
The front ties up nicely... My binding is blind stitched by hand~  

I found fabrics that accented the softer side of the design~  

 

A perfectly sweet stitch, design and finish to use in your displays... or, perhaps as a perfect gift to a fellow stitcher... 

 

 

 

 Another project I thoroughly enjoyed was the Word Play designs by With thy Needle & Thread...

Feast your eyes on all 12 months!

Each one is unique.... I used a charm on each one that matched a word in the design.... ribbons and seams tapes as well along with dangling buttons or bells....

Novembers bells were a cool copper brown, burnt orange seam tape with a cute pumpkin charm~ 

 

October really put me in a Fallish mood....

 

 

And, if course, Christmas ornaments are rolling in and out of my door~ This customer stitched the Prairie Schooler Trees... Aren't they adorable??

Trimmed with pom pom trim by Dames of the Needle in the color Nicks Coat...

A co-ordinating ribbon bow with bell.... I used rolled up brown wool felt as the tree trunk... 

Well.... more to come soon! I will leave you with a photo of one of my sampler walls... Its a space that is inpirational for me as a stitcher.... 

 

Blessings~

Faye

     

20 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

You have been a very busy productive finisher! The needle roll is beautiful! Love your sampler wall behind your sofa--a very happy place.

CindyC said...

Every one is a winner, as always, Sis! I love em! :) :)

Robin in Virginia said...

Totally enjoyed your picture stroll today with your client's finished finishes! Well done and I know they will be pleased. Your sampler wall is stunning, Faye!

Sandy's Stitching said...

Beautiful work Faye❤

Jeanne said...

Lovely finishing Faye - love them all. It's good to see people out there stitching the PS patterns still!

Unknown said...

They are all beautiful!!!

Heritage Hall said...

What delightful finishes.. Your sampler wall is impressive.
Hope you are managing to enjoy the Summer in the midst of
the finishing.

Pam in Virginia said...

Oh, Faye! What a treat to see all your lovely finishes. I love how you contrasted the bias binding and the straight grain on the pocket trim of the sewing roll. And the Prairie Schooler trees are such a delight! Thank you for sharing where to find the perfect matching pom pom trim. I did not have that particular PS pattern, but I found it easily online. And what a clever idea to roll up some wool felt for a tree trunk. You are a master at finishing!

Frances said...

I just love all of your finishes! I am sure your customers are so very pleased!

Connie Bechtold said...

You are so blessed to have this talent and whoever gets their projects finished by you is blessed as well by your talent! Beautiful!

deb said...

It's always a treat to see your beautiful finishing - love the special touches you add. And your sampler wall is wonderful!! What's the one in the center bottom?

Monica said...

As always, your finishes are an inspiration! Your Sampler wall is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

woolwoman said...

So many beautiful things Faye, lucky stitchers! Enjoy your weekend Mel

Mary said...

Faye, the sewing roll is gorgeous, I love the fabrics you used and your finishing is perfection...what a lovely pattern that is too, never saw it before.
The word plays are lovely, I love that series and the PS trees are so sweet. I have yet to order myself some of the pom pom trim, it's the perfect edging for those trees...

I cannot wait to see what you have been working on for the designers!! And, your Sampler wall is beautiful. I can see your enjoying retirement!! Mary

Sandy said...

Amazing work Faye. Beautiful as always.

laceystitcher said...

Everything is absolutely gorgeous!! Love them all. Happy stitching and creating....................

Jackie's Stitches said...

Gorgeous finishes! I love seeing what you have been doing.

Has it hit you yet that you're retired? I figured the beginning of pre-planning and the start of the school year would feel a bit odd the first year. I'm looking forward to retirement in hopefully 4.5 years when I'm 60.

What is the sampler on the bottom of the center row? The name is escaping me!

CathieJ said...

My samplers are scattered throughout my house in between the quilts. I really like the display that you have. All those finishes are just lovely. I am just trying to finish stitching a 2 Prairie Schooler Santas that I started last year. I will get there. Thanks for the picture walk.

Annelein said...

I just love the sewing roll.... the strawberry and the rabbit...

Maggee said...

Gorgeous finishes, all! You do such excellent work, such fine attention to the details! I always look forward to seeing your blog posts! Hugs!