Sunday, September 10, 2017

American Homestead Sewing Set and more!

Greetings friends and fellow stitcher~ First and foremost, know that I, like all if you, pray for all the families that have endured, are enduring and are facing the wrath of the fierce storms that are currently taking toll on so many..... The Lord be with all of you... As a side note, I have suspended shipping Carolina Stitcher orders this week so to not jeopardize any lost packages~

 ********************

American Homestead Sewing Set by The Scarlett House, Tanya Brockmeyer was a delightful stitch of a collection of items.. I was drawn to the lady in the front yard holding the American flag... the log cabin and the group of animals.... I love these designs!!
Stitched on Oats&Honey by Dixie Sampler Hand dyed linens 
40 count
Using all specified cotton overdye threads
 
Instead of the little pillow finish, I opted for a foldover pocket... 
 
Inside, I added a slightly padded cushion for special pins and buttons...
And the pocket can hold packs of needles, a small ruler or notes... 
 
 I love putting little extras in my finishing... 
The chart calls for my little pincushion to be a scissor fob. I made the pincushion because I wanted to make a spooled fob with one of my stork scissor charms.... 
 
 The hornbook was one I've had for a while... Just waiting for the right project... A just-right fit, I'd say!!
 The beautiful Shaker Tray by LeHay Shaker, rounds out the collection. I cannot say enough about this beautifully handcrafted red shaker tray~ Rob is a master at his trade and as the owner of many of his pieces, I cannot sing his praises loud enough... 
Again, an old fashioned sewing set for needles, pins, scissors....
All nestled in a beautiful tray to display and actually use! 
****************
I made a promise to myself in January that this would be my year of Quaker stitching.... I love the Quaker style and wanted to add to my collection of Quaker samplers and smalls. Threadwork Primitives, Nan Lewis, has a collection of beautiful Quaker Pinwheels that REALLY spoke to me!
Quaker Clover Pinwheel 40 count Lakeside Light Exemplar linen
Using all Specified cotton overdye threads
 
 
Vintage mini Pinwheel 40 count Lakeside light exemplar
Using all specified cotton overdye threads
I loved the stitch so much that I stitched it a second time in a red/brown colorway~
.... pinwheels were actually used to house working pins and special pins back in the 1800's....
My collection is growing.... and again, my LeHay Shaker trays and shaker boxes are perfect to display these small works of art....  I will sign off  with a quote from Robert Schuller... "let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future..." Blessings, Faye  
 
 

13 comments:

Arlene G said...

Love love love all those finishes. Right now I am working on Fall stitching. Like you, stitching and keeping an eye on the weather. Here in North Alabama we will get some wind and rain.

Shari said...

Such a beautiful collection...and a lovely display. Did you pun on purpose? Spoke and wheel...😄

LaNelle said...

Spectacular Faye❤️ All gorgeous pieces what a nice display...

Charlene ♥ NC said...

The perfect addition to your Quaker year! Such a sweet set, the Homestead is. I hope to get it done one day 😉 Stitch on, sister friend!

Robin in Virginia said...

Faye, your American Homestead Sewing set is gorgeous along with the Shaker tray. I love your pinwheels. I just finished stitching the Quaker Clover one. Enjoy your week!

Sandy said...

I love it all. You are right, the shaker trays are perfect for displaying the work. I am crazy over the hornbook though. Fantastic idea.

Cathy said...

Such amazing finishing. I love seeing what you're doing. It's so inspiring and makes me want to stitch and create.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing--the addition of the pins makes for a special finish. sing your Shaker tray is making me rethink purchasing one

Mary said...

The Scarlet house set is lovely in the Shaker tray, beautiful finishing as always! I didn't know what a hornbook was but the stitch works perfectly.

I'm really drawn to the green and blue Quaker stitch, such a lovely collection of smalls. I'm really enjoying your Quaker year! Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

Cindy's Stitching said...

Beautiful Faye. It would be nice if you did flosstube videos. Happy stitching.

woolwoman said...

Faye your Scarlet House set is just wonderful - I am glad you featured "your" beautiful work on this blog post. It is just all so wonderful! Love them all and they look great in your shaker boxes. We appreciate the prayers of all our friends around the country. We survived Irma down in the deep south no nothing but destroyed fencing at my house and massive tree debris clean up. My folks are OK too - we weathered the storm with them. the gorgeous historic home on the river where I work was less fortunate and experienced unprecedented flooding from the raging St Johns river. So sad all the riverfront historic properties experienced this type of catastrophic damage. Our lady still stands as she has for over 100 yrs. Our owners are great stewards and the damages will be corrected. Hugs and happy Friday - mel

Karen said...

Such beautiful stitching, Faye. Love that fold over pocket. I agree with Cindy, it would be great if you did flosstube videos.

Candi said...

Your sewing tray and all its goodies are beautiful! I love to stitch and then I always tend to put off the putting together but your finishes are inspiring.