Sunday, July 10, 2011

Americana themed finishes....(photo heavy)....

I took today to get reacquainted with my sewing machine....While the craft room is still somewhat a work in progress, I knew I had several stitched finishes that needed to be finished off while its still summer....

I was THRILLED to have taken Nadia up on a chance to stitch her beautifully designed "Freedom Pinkeep"... LaSoffitta is her design name and if you have not visited her blog, you are missing out... Feast your eyes.....here...

Freedom Pinkeep
LaSoffitta Designs
40 ct Lakeside Vintage Exemplar linen
DMC as specified



I put a pleat in the backing  fabric and embellished with antique buttons....I thought homespun fabric was perfect for this antiquish prim design.... Thank you Nadia for honoring Americans with this design~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Next, I took to sewing up my two recent Threadwork Primitives stitches... As you will see, I placed Star Spangled under Pride and Glory and its finished off a little different than Nan finished her model...

Pride and Glory
Threadwork Primitives
32 ct creme Belfast linen
DMC as specified

I just thought this design screamed FLAG...  So, I used a dowel, slipped open a couple stitches with my seam ripper, and the dowel slid in perfectly!! It actually looks like it might be waving on the tree in my craft room.................


Star Spangled Pinkeep
Threadwork Primitives
32 ct Belfast Days Gone By
Victorian Motto Faded Red, WDW Navy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Another design that captured my eye these last few weeks, was Star Spangled Sampler by Heart in Hand.....I kept this one simple.....


Star Spangled Sampler
Heart in Hand (2001)
32 ct Belfast Days Gone By
WDW floss as specified

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I had ran across this freebie that SamSarah and Weeks Dye Works had put together a while back... If you're not seeing a pattern by now, I'll spell it out....I was totally hooked on everything Americana these last few weeks and needless to say, I am nearly wiped out of every overdye I had in the shades of reds, whites and blues...Oh, and totally out of 32 ct Belfast Days Gone By...My favorite hand dyed linen when it comes to Americana designs....


Liberty
SamSarah and Weeks Dye Works
32 ct Belfast Days Gone By
WDW threads

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you are still hanging in there with me...Thanks!  Last, but certainly not least, I fell in love with this design by Birds of a Feather.....I love the little fish swimming along in the water.... And I like that it spells out "United States of America"....


Land that I Love
Birds of a Feather
36 Lakeside Light Exempler
WDW overdyes..except I substitued VM Paprika for the Lancaster Red


I edged this little pillow with VM hand dyed red rick rack....It was the perfect trim for this colorful piece..And you can see the backing fabric I had on hand that fit this Patriotic theme.....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I will sign off  and show you a couple shot of my Patriotic tree in the craft room....I might possibly leave it decorated in this theme all year....It just makes me smile when I am in there working....



Hope you are enjoying your summer everyone~~~~
 Have a great Sunday evening and a terrific work week~~~

Always,

Faye

52 comments:

Margaret said...

What eye candy! Wow! Your finishes are all just lovely! I'm in awe of your skills with finishing -- and stitching too!

Jackie's Stitches said...

WOW! You are such an amazing stitcher and finisher. LOVE them all. Pride and Glory is my favorite - I love how you used the two star fabrics. I would have never thought of that! I also like the pleat you put on the back of Nadia's piece. Little touches such as that make a huge difference.

Karen said...

OMG Faye... you certainly had a great and productive break. I just love your finishes and your finishing is perfect for each. I have the BOAF in my stash and now I want to get it out and stitch it! I love that design and your finish is just so cute.

Can't blame you for leaving your tree up all year. You will just have to get another one. Hope you have a great week.

Barb said...

I love your tree! It is so much fun to see what you do!!I put a patriotic tree up at Christmas to honor my son who is a Blackhawk pilot and has been to Iraq twice. I think I need to add lots of cross stitch to the tree and use it more often. Love your finishes!

Judy said...

Faye, I LOVE your patriotic tree! You have been so busy and as usual your stitching and finishing is perfect.

Jennifer M. said...

You have been a busy lady! Such wonderful patriotic projects and I so love your tree.

Looking forward to seeing more of your finished projects.

Jen in Miami

robindefender said...

Love all your patriotic pieces! And I love the fancy finishing you've done on them (fancy to me, at least). They are all soooo pretty.

Gabi said...

Wow, that's a beautiful update. Love all that eye candy of yours. So lovely finishes!!!! Your tree looks fantastic. I can see why you want to keep it like that all year around

Jeanne said...

OMG I'm in total awe - I want each and every one of these! Devine designs, fabulous finishing, and a terrific tree! I love them all Faye, now just let me know how i can find the time to do all these.........

Joyce Clark Frank said...

I love the tree. It is beautiful. It would be neat to leave it up.
All of your stitching is great.

Ellen said...

Gorgeous stitching and finishing! I really admire your finishing skills, I tend to procrastinate when it comes to finishing.

Love your tree!

Hugs,

Friendship Crossing said...

Wowza Faye! I absolutely am jealous of all your Americana stitched pieces!
I am always at a loss as how to finish a stitched piece and you have totally inspired me on all the different ways you finish.

Thanks for the inspiration~that tree is adorable!

Tanya

Lisa Russell said...

So pretty! I love them all and your tree looks fantastic!

Deborah said...

Faye, all the finishes are beautiful! The finishing is perfect. Wonderful tree.

Lisa V said...

Such a lovely array of finishes.
Well done!
LISA V

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Faye ~ I just love all your finishes. Boy, you're good. You are soooo creative and talented. And your tree is just magnificent. I wouldn't take it down either.
Glad you had a fun vaca.
Smiles,
~Nan

JillMN said...

Your patriotic finishes are all beautiful! You have really been busy. I have been trying to get some done but it is slow going.

Myra said...

Faye I just love all your patriotic finishes and especially your tree. You inspired me to have my own tree this year and I just love looking at it.

Cindy's Stitching said...

The patriotic tree is growing. Just love it.

Littlebit said...

Your patriotic tree is just beautiful, Faye! I love all of the pieces, individually and collectively. Nice job. You have really been busy!

~*Sharee*~ said...

My you've been busy hun; I love how you finish each pattern differently; they are beautiful hun; love the patrotic tree.

Hugs, Shar

Carol said...

Nobody does those sweet patriotic finishes better than you, Faye--love each and every one :)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Wow - now there's some Patriotic stitching going on! Love 'em all. I think you need a tree for each season - you'll have space for it now; right? Hope your reentry goes smoothly... even if we don't wanna!

Theresa said...

LOVE your patriotic finishes!!!!! They are all so gorgeous!!!!!!

Karen said...

great finishes Faye! I have the BOAF design too and need to stitch it. :) would love to know how to get the pattern from Nadia, i went to her site and wasn't sure how, but i may be way too tired right now. LOL

Denise said...

I can not even begin to comprehend how you manage to finish each piece to such perfection. Your backing fabrics right down to the trims. There is no other word but perfection!

The tree is fabulous. Bravo!

wendy111 said...

I love your patriotic tree (who needs Christmas). You have made some lovely things for your tree. Beautiful finishes

Giovanna said...

My goodness, you've been busy! All your finishes are gorgeous, congrats.

Bekca said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing all these wonderful finishes. Your patriotic tree looks amazing, I think you should keep it up all year round. Best wishes.

Mouse said...

lost for words ..lol so all I can say wow and beautiful finishes :) love mouse xxxx

http://lasoffitta.canalblog.com said...

I'm really happy and honored that you liked my little free.
Your realization is beautiful!!!
I'm really fascinated by all the work you've done, I'll looking for all the other patterns in e-bay, to complete my little patriotic corner of America.
Have you a great day Faye, and good stitches!!!!
Hugs
Nadia from Italy

the striped rose said...

That is such a fantastic tree!I love all of your finishes. :)

Ele said...

so wonderful all your finishes Faye!
Especially I like "Freedom" from Nadia- please help me: Is it a freebie, where can I find the pattern for it?

Thanks and greetings
Gabriele

MoonBeam said...

Faye, yet more great little R,W & Bs from you. Love seeing your work. I had a patriotic stitch get together over the weekend, provided the gals with some eye candy borrowed from blogs (some of which came from you), and issued the challenge to them to come up with a basketful of small patriotic finishes a year from now.

Thanks for sharing yet more beautiful ideas.

Bobbi

Cath said...

Gorgeous stitchings Faye , you have been busy .
Just to let you know , I managed to get in touch with Tracy , thanks X

Michelle said...

Oh Faye - its beautiful x

BrendaS said...

Faye --
OMG! I love all your finishes. Your stitching is beautiful and everything is finished so perfectly. Your tree is just delightful and I can see why it brings a smile to your face:)))

Have a good week

Anonymous said...

Faye OMG They are all beautiful!!!
You are so creative!! Thanks for sharing, glad you had a good vacation~~~~

Julie M said...

Love love love each and every one Faye! Your finishing rocks too! The tree is awesome with all the finishes on it. I can see why it makes you happy when you see it!

Elisa said...

I'd like to give you the stylish blogger award, please head over to my blog for the details. xxx

Shelleen said...

Your finishing is awesome and I love the idea of stitchers leaving trees up all year round and decorating them

Nan said...

Goodness girlie! You always amaze me. Patriotic themes are among my favorite to stitch and now I'm going to have to bee on the look out for some of those patterns. ENABLER ;-)

Lynn said...

Truly fabulous, every single one of them!!! I don't know where you get your ideas from but I sure wish they'd rub off on me.
The flag finish is just awesome!

Patty C. said...

Your tree looks awesome Faye !!

Siobhán said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything is amazing, Faye. You are SO talented!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What wonderful stitches, perfect finishing and an absolutely GORGEOUS TREE!!

Nancy said...

Love all your finishes and your tree is gorgeous!

Kathy said...

OM Goodness, what gorgeous finishes. Your finishing and sewing talents are amazing. Love them all. And your decorated tree is just wonderful.

PegC said...

Faye I am always blown away by your creative finishes. Amazing talent.

Melody said...

Faye, I love your patriotic stitching. It is a favorite theme of mine to stitch also. I have done several of the ones you have pictured.

Your tree is so pretty.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous finishes!! I love how they look on your tree. So much fun!

WendyJo said...

Absolutely tons and tons of beauties there!!!!!! I am lovin' it all Faye!!!!!