Saturday, July 30, 2011

~~~~Christmas in July~~~~~

How crazy is it to be talking about Christms in July with the heat being over 100 degrees??  Crazy, that's what it is.....The heat, I mean.... As many of us slug through these intensely hot days, I decided to finish a couple of my stitched Christmas ornaments today.... As part of **this** ornament stitch-a-long, here are my June and July installments as we pledged to stitch and finish an ornament a month in 2011.....

Jenny Bean's Christmas Ornament 2010
Shakepeare's Peddler
40 ct Light Examplar Lakeside Linens
Crescent Colors Belle Soie

The First Day
Plum Street Samplers
Just Cross Stitch 2011 Ornament Preview Issue
36 ct vintage light examplar Lakeside Linens
Belle Soie Cranberry and Weathered Vine
Last night, I began stitching a new design by
Tree of Life Samplings that I absolutely cannot put down....Maybe tomorrow I will have enough done to post a photo and share.... Not to be mysterious, but I have fallen in love with this design AND her fantastic hand dyed linen, Macadamia Nut.....Its heavenly.....
So, until next time....Thanks so much for visiting and as always, thanks for all the fantastic comments...Time rarely permits me to reply to all of them, but know they are read and I truly appreciate your words of support and inspiration!!!
~~~Happy stitching and try to stay cool~~~ 
Faye

31 comments:

Littlebit said...

Faye,
I adore First Day, and you did a wonderful job finishing it up! Wow, I didn't even realize that issue was out yet! Stay cool!

Jennifer M. said...

Very Pretty! I love how you finished both of them.

Jen

Catherine said...

Your stitching and finishing is always so inspiring! Can't wait until you show us what you are currently working on!

Margaret said...

I love both your ornaments -- so pretty, and wonderful finishing! I have to check out Jan's linen. I hope I can find it somewhere at some point!

CalamityJr said...

Not so crazy; you actually made me feel a bit cooler - well, maybe only a wee bit, lol. Great finishes!

Ellen said...

Love your ornaments, beautiful stitching and finishing!

Hugs,

Yvonne..... said...

Tree of Life Samplings hand dyed linens are WONDERFUL!! I think I bought one of every color at the retreat. The colors are unlike any I have seen before. Can't wait to see what you are stitching!

Lana said...

Ok, everytime I read your blog and leave a comment I feel like I'm a broken record! The word "beautiful", just never seems to be enough when talking about your finishing, so I want to say that your finished Ornies are...SPLENDIFEROUS!!! LOL...Can't wait to see progress on your new Tree of Life Samplings piece!
Happy stitching!

Cole said...

Beautiful ornie finishes!! First Day is one of my favorites from the preview :)

Gabi said...

Both ornaments look so lovely. Congrats

Deborah said...

Love both of the ornies.

Karen said...

gorgeous ornies! i think i need to stitch at least 4 or 5 to catch up for the year on my ornaments. LOL can't wait to see what you are stitching on now!

Michele said...

I love your new ornaments! I soo need to get stitching ornaments too :)

Giovanna said...

Lovely ornaments, well done!

Bertie said...

Lovely ornaments Faye, even though it's a long way from Christmas:))

Lesleyanne said...

Both ornaments are gorgeous Faye.

Siobhán said...

Wonderful ornaments, Faye! I can't wait to see your new start, too.

Maria Filomena said...

Beatiful....
Maravilhoso!!!!
Um grande abraço de Maria Filomena

Myra said...

Lovely, lovely ornaments Faye! First day caught my eye as soon as I saw it in the magazine. Hmmm, lemme guess - you wouldn't happen to be stitching Penny America now would you? I love that design and it reminded me of you and your patriotic stitching when I saw it. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!

Hazel said...

Beautiful finishes. Your work is soo neat. Love them both. x

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I've failed miserably at this SAL, but glad to see others haven't! They're so pretty. I have my idea of what the mystery will be... it may be in my stash bag from DSL.

Julie M said...

Love the ornies Faye! You did a great job finishing them.

I am loving Tree of Life Samplings too!

Teresa S. said...

If the Tree of Life Samplings you are stitching on is her new one Penny America-it is on its way to me now and I can't wait to start it!

Kimmie said...

I love the Jenny Bean...the colors are great!!!!

I considered starting a Christmas...and decided to go for Halloween instead. LOL

Riet said...

Faye come to Holland, we have allraedy rain for weeks. It's sad for the children who have holiday.
It look autumn, but they promiss tomorrow the sun is coming for a few days.
Your ornament is lovely!

Nancy said...

Lovely finishes!

Nicole said...

Beautiful finishes Faye!! I love them both!! Can't wait to see you on Saturday!! :)

Fiona said...

Beatiful stitching and finishing, your ornaments are gorgeous.

Bekca said...

Your ornaments always look so stunning Faye. I hope the weather cools down for you soon!

Unknown said...

Both of your ornaments are beautiful! I especially love the Silent Night one. Can't wait to see your new project.

Michelle said...

Love love love your ornaments! I need to get busy on finishing some ornaments too. Can't wait to see your new start - it sounds wonderful!