Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lucky St. Patrick's Day to You~~

Lucky for me......It started out looking like this...hmmm.....decisions, decisions.... do you sometimes wonder how things will end up looking when finished??? I know I do....




Hares' Lucky Day
Plum Street Samplers
DMC flosses on 36 ct linen


And then poof!~~ some trim, buttons and a snippet of fabric seemed to inspire me... I was happy to run across this celtic looking button.... Dont you just love how Paulette Stewart of Plum Street Samplers continues to inspire us all???

Eat Your Carrots

The Sampler Girl

Celery & Haystack GAST, Pistachio WDW, Pumpkin Harvest CC

And, not to push St. Patrick's Day out of the way too quickly...and while the creative juices were flowing... I spotted pins, the tinest of seed beads and rick-rack for this little Easter pinkeep to evolve... The Sampler Girl's "Eat Your Carrots" design energized me to finish him off also....

Happy St. Patricks Day to you all and may you have the luckiest day ever~~ ((**Faye**))

27 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

How cute! I love your finishing. The button is *perfect*. I hope your have a lucky day!

Tommye said...

so cute. How do you get it all done?!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Faye, these are so cute, wonderful finishing too. Happy St. Patty's Day and down a pint for me.
Be always in stitches

Margaret said...

What wonderful pieces -- I love how you finished them both! Yes, I love Paulette too. :D

staci said...

So, so cute! Your choice of trims/fabrics and finishing is always excellent!

Márti said...

Beautiful finish, I like it!

Kathy said...

I just LOVE your Lucky pillow finish. It is absolutely darling! And Eat your carrots is pretty awesome too.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Unknown said...

Paulette is just wonderful! I love both of these pieces and your finishing is just lovely!

Amy said...

Love the bunnies!!! I like how you finished with the pillow.

Happy St Paddy's Day to you.

Have a wonderful day.

Nicole said...

Adorable finishes Faye!! Beautiful stitching and finishing as always!! :) Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Ranae said...

What a sweet finish.
The pillow is awesome.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Kim B said...

Great finishes Faye!!

Katrina said...

Cute, cute finish! Love it.

Catherine said...

Great finishes!!

Sherry said...

great pieces and I love how you finished them off!

Deb said...

I love, love how you finished off that design! So cute!! And love your finish on Eat Your Carrots!! Would you like to come to my house and finish some of my things off? I love to stitch them, but rarely get around to finishing them off!!

Nancy said...

Beautiful finishes! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Myra said...

I just love both pieces and you did such a fabulous job with finishing them.

Blu said...

Very cute finish!

Karen said...

Those are so cute! You really have a knack for cute finishes.

Happy St. Patricks Day...

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

So Cute !!!!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Wonderful finishes :)
Tanya

Siobhán said...

Faye!! Oh my gosh. Wow wow wow. Fantastic finishes, both of 'em. I have them sitting here next to me, printed off and ready to stitch. You've really inspired me. Great job! I can't wait to see what you work your magic on next. :)

Karen said...

very cute Faye! i love the pillow (pinkeep too), but i just love how these pillows turn out. hugs

Brigitte said...

I definitely dfo. I rarely know what kind of finihsing my pieces will get when I start stitching them. But making a little pillow is always an option because I really love them.
Both your finished pieces look fantastic!

Andrea said...

Wonderful finishes. Love the way you have finished the pillow.

Jane said...

Hi Faye, was just passing by and noticed your gorgeous St. Patrick finishes. They are so cute, I love them!!!