Saturday, July 11, 2015

Milkpaint Sampler kit comes to life~

Greetings all!!!

Recently I had the opportunity to finish an older stitched piece for a friend.... Knowing she recently lost her mom and knowing that her mom had such a positive impact on her in appreciating all things handmade, I knew I wanted to create something very special for her..... Many of us have "that person" in our lives that have guided us towards our love for stitchery, sewing and hand workes ~~~ I set my creative mind in motion.....

Krienik has released kits for a while now.... This one goes back a while and I know many of you may even have it still in your stash.... It's intended finish was a needlebook..... I wanted to take that pretty stitch however, and make something a little more substantial.....

Milkpaint Sampler by Krienik~ Silk Mori threads included ~

 

I added a few additional stitches... A double blanket stitch in peach tones was placed in the center... I made pale green cording to attach over the seam... And very tiny "x's" were stitched over another seam....

 


I love the soft colors of the Milkpaint Silks.....I wanted the inside flap to be special...

A place to stick your pins..... With a few accent items..... I love layers~

Tiny spools wound with matching threads.... Along with an old button on layers of wool~

And, pockets..... I love pockets to hold trinkets.....

Not just any ole pockets..... Pockets that would make you smile.....

I added a little appliqué from the homespun fabrics I had used....nothing too bold... Just subtle~

Bottom pocket.....

And, there is a middle pocket also... All kinds of goodies can be stored.....

 

I share these ideas in finishing techniques so you can adapt them to stitched pieces you have on hand.... Turn them into a treasure~

I will be heading home in a few days..... Until then, I'll continue stitching, finishing and recharging......

Life is good ~


Faye

 

24 comments:

Laurie said...

It's very pretty, Faye! And, I'm sure your friend will cherish it.

Can you see me waving from Surfside? Boy it's hot, isn't it? I had to ride the bike at the crack of dawn almost, this morning....to beat the heat. Hope you have a great weekend!

Justine said...

That's really beautiful Faye. What a great job you did with your friend's special piece. i'm sure it will be treasured.

Clare said...

What a lovely kit you have put together for your friend. It will have a speacial place in her heart and fond thought while she uses this. I have never been able to get this lovely pattern. Happy Stitching.

Stitching Cat said...

Faye, such a beautiful and fitting finish. Love the piece and your finish.

Patricia Lessell said...

This is just wonderful and what a remembrance you made in honor of your friends Mom for your friend. Love Pattixxx

Kathy Barrick said...

Absolutely beautiful Faye!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely piece you put together, Faye! I know your friend will treasure it.

Robin in Virginia

Charlene ♥ NC said...

It's lovely, Faye. Love the subtle details!

Jacqueline said...

Very nice of you to do such a beautiful finish for your friend .

Mary said...

It's beautiful Faye....and it's very treasured. Thank you!

Laura said...

What a masterpiece!!!!! So very beautiful!!!! That was awfully sweet of you to make such a memorable piece in honor of the stitcher's mom. Love it!

Iris said...

What a beautiful finish and what a keepsake. Love it!!!!!!!!!

Teresa S. said...

Lovely and thoughtful. Bless you, Faye!

Cindy's Stitching said...

What a beautiful finish. Something to treasure.

butterfly said...

Lovely finish Faye, I have this kit so you have given me a few ideas .

jeffsrose35 said...

Absolutely gorgeous, your work is amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Jackie said...

Gorgeous!

Hilda said...

Such an amazing finish, Fayd! I love these gentle colors, the smooth fabrics and all those tiny details and stitches you added. What a treasure! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs
Hilda

Bonnie said...

You can create very beautiful items in finishing the cross stitch. These colors blend so well. Thanks for all the ideas.

Anna van Schurman said...

Lovely as always, Faye!

Sheryl said...

Beautiful work. Love the pretty soft colours you have chosen

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I have the same set and you have given me some inspiration

Karen said...

That is so pretty... love the softness of the colors. You outdid yourself on this one! Happy stitching...

Wanda said...

Faye, Your gorgeous work never ceases to amaze me! It it stunning!! What a precious and wonderful way to finish this for your friend.