Sunday, July 5, 2015

Where Liberty Dwells~

Greetings this glorious Sunday morning!!!! Many a festivity has gone on these last few days celebrating Independence Day!! I wanted to share my latest stitch and finish.... I put the mill pieced homespun binding in this morning.... So relaxing...

I finished this sweet design, Where Liberty Dwells by Nan Lewis, just as she had done... I love it's simplicity and the thread colors are just perfect! My only variation was my linen choice.... I chose to stitch mine on a nice piece of 28count Ale by Picture this Plus using 2 threads over two.....

It's been a while since stitching on 28 count, but I love it! The design only uses 4 overdye threads and I appreciated the fact that Nan specified DMC for the off white in the flag... With less than 30 stitches of that color, DMC was fine.... No sense in purchasing a whole skein for that few a stitches......

My stained wool strawberry seemed to be the "just right" compliment to the table mat also.... Filled with crushed walnut shells lightly scented with lavender, an attached brass tone cap and topped with Twilight seam tape~ I love making these! Classic......

 

This makes my table vinyette complete.... Some of my favorite designers are showcased here..... And these are pieces I will always pull out and use in display year after year....

I'm enjoying the family vacation and plan in returning home July 14 for lots of finishing time in my craftroom....if you have an order in with me, hold on.... They are coming..... Thanks!

Hoping your day is great~


Faye

 

17 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely table mat you created, Faye! Your patriotic vignette is very festive!

Enjoy the rest of your family vacation!

Robin in Virginia

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Awesome table mat, Faye. All your finishes, and your display, are just lovely!

Laura said...

So inspiring and beautiful!!!!!!

butterfly said...


Love your display .

StitchinByTheLake said...

So beautiful Faye! blessings, marlene

CindyC said...

Totally and completely loving everything! Way to go, Sis! :) :)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Always the best! Glad you're having fun - keep your toes out of that water!! ��

LaNelle said...

Turned out so fantastic Faye! Love the strawberry as well just so perfect...blessings to you & rest of family on a relaxing end of vacation....

Barb said...

What a lovely patriotic vignette!

Karen said...

Beautiful.... I especially love the little wool strawberry! Happy 4th....

Tricia B said...

Your stitching and finishing are both gorgeous!

Sherri said...

Your finishes and stitching look great in your patriotic vignette. I especially love your wool strawberry and the topper. Enjoy the beach!

Cindy's Stitching said...

A beautiful patriotic display.

Frances said...

All are lovely! What a pretty patriotic display!

Simply Quaint said...

Faye what a wonderful collection you have done, love love love them all.....

Blessings
Rhonda

Delania said...

Love, love, love your finishes - I have to admit I recreate them with my own stithed pieces. Would you mind sharing your source for the caps you use on your strawberries?

THanks so much
Delania

Sandy said...

I just found your blog. I just love this vignette of patriotic pillows. I am going to have to steal you idea!