Saturday, January 9, 2016

A few recent finishes.....

Greetings friends and fellow Stitcher's!!

 

Brrrrrr here in the Carolina's! It's been unusually wet and rainy here but more so it's gotton very cold too..... That hasn't stopped me from getting busy in my craftroom after work in the evenings..... I recently completed my finishing on this lovely set of stitching needfuls.... Miladys Needle put out a kit a while back called "Cottage Charm Stitcher's Pocket".... I actually have it in my stash to stitch.... The beautiful alphabet fabric is included in the kit and I only wish I could buy yardage of it!!

 

Cottage Charm Stitcher's Pocket kit by Miladys Needle

 

The pocket is made to hang around your neck..... I made cording out of 2 DMC shades of green...

The Needlebook slides right inside the lined fabric pocket~

 

The Needlebook has a pocket for your tiny scissors and a wool flap to hold your pins and needles...

 

A small scrap of the alphabet fabric makes the pocket.... I hand stitched it on the lining using the blind stitch..

 

Edged with more custom made cording there is a corded loop to accommodate the round button closure..

 

I loved this project.... And it's owner does as well......

 

Additionally, I have finished a couple pieces for a sweet lady who, like me, L-O-V-E-S "With thy Needle&Thread" designs.... These 2 pieces simply spoke to me and I let my creativity fly!

 

Bluebird out my Window by With thy Needle Thread

I knew antique buttons had to be a part of this finish.....
 
And the primitive aqua script fabric seemed to be a just-right fit..... Lace along with another aqua tone fabric that has tiny flower buds that mimick the cross stitch design rounded out my supplies for this pillow....
 
And to compliment that pillow, another WtNT design was made into a small pillow....
Lots of creamy buttons embellish this sweet design~
 
Hand dyed rick-rack edges the arched stitch as I hand attached that to the back ground fabric.... Then the layer of buttons came last.....

 

Two spring themed accessories just waiting for warmer days~~

 

Keep up the great stitching people!!! I love what you send me and I'm ready to lend my creative flair in finishing your stitched pieces into useful and serviceable treasures~~

 

Much love....

Faye

 

26 comments:

Sherry said...

All of these are wonderful. I love the Spring look! I am waiting on Spring to come!

LindaLee said...

Your work is always beautiful. You really inspire me.

Anne McLean said...

Faye, you are so talented and skilled. I'm so impressed with your work, and it is absolutely beautiful. I enjoyed the blog and the pictures. After long days at school, I bet stitching is a wonderful way to de-stress.

Marie said...

I always love seeing your work, it is so perfectly beautiful. Love the Cottage Charm Stitcher's packet.

Those lovely pillows are wonderful and have me wanting to pull out my spring patterns (said as I sit here wishing for a snow storm so that the ski conditions improve here in souther VT! ) :-D

Faye said...

Thanks for your kind words Anne.... It's a total stress reliever and allows me tap into my mire artsy creative side... You saw me as an educator of young minds and now you can see the total me~ Blessings to you friend!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

These surely make spring seem closer than it probably is! Lovely finishes as always! Thanks for sharing your talents! Hugs!

Barb said...

Faye, the stitched projects are so charming and your finishing turns those beauties into something exquisite! Thank you so much for sharing these with us - love it!

StitchinByTheLake said...

As usual your finishes are stunning Faye, and I know the ladies who commissioned you must love them. Those are some of my favorite patterns too. :) blessings, marlene

CindyC said...

You never fail to blow my mind with your finishes, Sis! Each and every one of these is a masterful work of art! :) <3

Anonymous said...

So wonderful Faye, each and every finish so creative. Lucky stitchers to get those pretties back in the mail. Stay warm and dry and keep creating. Mel

Anonymous said...

Love everything you put hands on!

Justine said...

Beautiful finishing Faye, and lovely stitching by your clients! I especially love the Bluebird one, the colours and delicate lace are so pretty.

Brigitte said...

Gorgeous new finishes, Faye. I so love your use of these antique buttons.

Anonymous said...

Lovely as always!

Pam in Virginia said...

Your finishing skills are extraordinary! Each project is GORgeous!

Jackie said...

Love the eye candy!

cucki said...

Love all your finishes..they so sweet x

Blu said...

They look amazing! Your finishes are always fantastic.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Every little thing is perfectly wonderful!

Carol said...

It's so nice to see those pretty spring things during this bitterly cold winter weather, Faye! What lovely, lovely work you do for your clients--true treasures!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Beautiful finishes, Faye! I can't imagine doing all that hand work but I sure do love seeing what you've created!

Annette-California said...

Very beautiful finishes! You always add those special touches that look delicate & elegant. love Annette

Sheryl said...

Beautiful finishes, just love the green needlebook, it´s perfect.

Barbara said...

I love the finish on the Bluebird in my Window piece. Do you know the line of fabric you used? Just beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Love love love....

Unknown said...

Love love love....