Saturday, January 23, 2016

Lover of all things red......

Greetings all..... The ice storm continues and I consider myself one of the very lucky to have power in North Carolina.... Hang in there all of you that are without needed services like power, water, cable or phone.... The end is in sight~

 

I've been playing again in the craftroom.... I'm making project bags for the upcoming Primitive Stitcher's Society retreat in Atlanta GA in March...... I will also have a few limited release items for the retreat....I can't show those items quite yet but what I CAN show you is my latest finish of Country Rustic Primitives design "Prim Valentine Pinkeep"....

I love the simplicity of this design and I shared it with some of you on Facebook yesterday....

" ..I heavily stained 32 count linen cross stitching over 1 using DMC 3777.... I'll be using Julie Ploehn-Vigna (Auntie Ju's) dyed Valdani Wool in Primitive Red as accent thread..... "

I love alternating fabric and linen for a layered effect... Topped with hand stitching of course! Isn't the wool thread nice?

I made a pocket on its backside to tuck messages inside..... Many of my colleagues at school remind me "This is YOUR year to shine..!" ...... If you're reading this Sue, I'm smiling...!

 

My back pockets are lined with a contrasting fabric peaking out of the top of the pocket.... I feel this look ties things together... I also appliquéd a wool heart so that it's popping out of the edge of the pocket.... Just something that's a little different..... The unexpected~

 

Jenny Hoffmans Etsy has lots of charts listed on her shop, Country Rustic Primitives.... Go check things out~

 

Hoping you are safe, snuggling warmly and happily stitching....

 

Faye

 

29 comments:

Laurie said...

Gorgeous as usual, Faye! Glad you didn't lose power. We barely got a dusting here at the lake. I think Myrtle Beach got more than we did. Have a great weekend.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Love all your unexpected details! Most of my icy snow is gone after the "warm" 37* sunny afternoon! Can't wait to see the surprises you have up your sleeve!
Getting ready? 💙🏈💙

gracie said...

I absolutely love this and the finish is perfect.

Barb said...

Faye - this is just perfection! You are so talented and so creative. It's always such a treat to see what you've made.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Anonymous said...

The little pocket was such a special part of the pinkeep you finished for me... I found a beautiful quote about sisters and wrote it on the card you enclosed...

Amy said...

What a cute finish. The pocket and heart on the back are such neat additions.

Amy said...

What a cute finish. The pocket and heart on the back are such neat additions.

Karen said...

Love it. The pocket on back with heart is so sweet. You've been thinking along and looks like you are off to a good start this year.

CindyC said...

Another perfect little treasure! Love it, Sis! :) :)

C Reeder PhxAz said...

This is so sweet and the simplistic nature strikes a real chord for me. It's just precious. I enjoy following your blog even more now that I have my own "Faye treasures" that warm my heart as well as my home. Glad you are safe from storms too.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, this is so beautiful with all the little details on it. Wonderful finishing.

denise said...

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Sherry said...

Beautiful finishes. Luckily we did not lose our power either but I do know of some people who lost power Friday night and are still without it! Hoping it melts off today. One day is pretty but after that I am ready for it to be gone!

Sherri said...

What a cute Valentine! Yesterday as it was snowing, I was thinking that I am ready to decorate for Valentines Day to chase away the "winterness" outside. A new word there. We received 20", but the sun is out this morning and it is beautiful.

Lana said...

Love your finishing techniques!! Beautiful!!

Pam in Virginia said...

Faye - the details you've added to this pinkeep are just perfect and just stunning. The bias trim on the front pocket and your matching criss-cross handstitching...the pocket on the back with its coordinating plaid...the sweet hand-stitched heart and its button - you just make each of your projects exquisite with your creative ideas and details. It's just always such a treat to read your blog and be inspired by your ideas. THANK YOU!

InStitches said...

Your work continues to amaze and inspire me! I'm sure there aren't enough days to do all that I want to do! Thank you!

cucki said...

So beautiful !!!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Lovely!

blueladie said...

Really nicely done! :) Cathryn

susan hemann said...

just lovely! I love all things with hearts!

Emma/Itzy said...

Very elegant, I love it!

woolwoman said...

very pretty and creative finish Faye ! Glad you have been safe and with power this weekend - Mel

Simply Quaint said...

Faye your work is just wonderful I enjoy coming to your blog to see each item you have to finish come to life.....

Wonderful talent....

Blessings
~Rhonda~

http://dirtroadprimitives0.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love it! Gives me inspiration to do other things besides pin cushions! Stay safe & God Bless You & Yours😉

Curtains in My Tree said...


It is adorable makes me want to go right home and make a valentine pillow LOL or at least start one I should say

Unknown said...

Simply adorable! Faye your finishing is so inspiring to me! :)

Unknown said...

Simply adorable! Faye your finishing is so inspiring to me! :)