Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Its all about the friendship~~~

I was the lucky recipient of an ornament made by Amy at Saturday's Christmas gathering in SC. This darling ornament was done OVER ONE using Sulkey Blending thread...I fell in love with the Milday's Needle chart, I had to buy one!!! AND, the green Sulkey...It is heaven to use btw! Amy also made each of us a needle/scissor traveller out of a gift tin...pretty crafty of her!~ AND, its red....I also got some 36ct edinborough, dmc red and a cute snowman mug in the exchange...And Karen made each of us a fob and mine has a reindeer charm on the end....did I rack up or what?? Everyone had a great time admiring all of Amy's trees and Christmas decorations! A most gracious hostess she truly is!!
Also in the tin was a heart filigree pattern by gazette 94 that I just had to come home and try...I used some of my new threads that I bought on line by Victorian Motto Sampler..you really should check Nancy out because her hand dyed threads are beautiful, affordable and she gets them to you pronto!~ Now I am thinking a Valentine's tree might be in order for the craft room!~ We will have to see...

Lastly, I had to show you the pillow I have made for the lady I teach with... Paulette Stewart with Plum Street Samplers is always so gracious to share freebies on her blog and I knew when she posted this one last week, it was one I had to do...Fun, quick and the verse is absolutely perfect! I added my own prim buttons and stitched it all up on R & R Sea Fog 35 ct using Valdani red... Hope she likes it!~~
Again "With Exceeding Joy we DO praise him!".... Faye


















2 comments:

Karen said...

Very cute finishes! Love the heart...you must be like Nicole and stitch in your sleep!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a lovely stitch gathering! Your stitching is very pretty, too!! I love the idea of an every holiday season tree! Gotta do something with those ornies; right?