Friday, October 29, 2010

...Friday finishes.....

I had a teacher workday today WITHOUT a workshop to attend...YEAH!~~so, I used my time to finish a couple small gifties....

This week after returning from the retreat, I set my mind to make up a couple freebie patterns I have been holding on to...They are by Martine and very delicate and french.... the first is called "en rose et gris" and was done using DMC 224 and 644 on some white 32 ct linen....I even had a fabric I thought was a good match....

Here is the "before" finishing photo.....
And, the "after" finishing photo...
I also had wanted to make this small rose pattern by Martine called "Carre aux roses"... Using DMC 4180....
So, here is its "before" finishing photo....

And, the "after" photo.....The little scissors were a perfect match so I made it into a fob...

Of course, I had to use a little HOPE charm on the back to match the Breast Cancer Awareness fabric...... My local quilt shop, Linderella's Quilts has been a great source for my fabrics lately... I thought it all was a perfect match...
I have talked with my friend Barbara since her surgery Tuesday and she is awaiting the pathology report... She said the surgery went fine and she wanted to pass along her words of appreciation for all the kind comments you posted about your prayers for her... She said she was so grateful to know stitchers were praying for her and that she is very hopeful that her breast cancer is in its early stages. Thanks again everyone for helping me lift the spirits of my friend and I know you will continue to send good thoughts her way...
Until next time............Happy stitching everyone, Faye



27 comments:

BeckySC said...

What lovely finishes on a Friday Miss Faye!!
I am behind on blog reading, and wanted to say I am so glad you had such a great time at PALS :)
Enjoy the weekend!

Siobhán said...

Please God Barbara will get good news when the pathology report comes back, that things are in their early stages. My prayers continue!

Your finishes are FANTASTIC!! So pretty and dainty.

gracie said...

Oh they are so lovely...beautiful stitching and finishing.

Catherine said...

Continuing to keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers, hoping for the best of news.

I absolutely love your finishes! They are so dainty and I love the pink!! I'll have to hop over and see Martine's site!

CalamityJr said...

Your stitching and finishes are lovely! I'll continue keeping you and Barbara in my prayers - thanks for the update.

Nancy said...

Very pretty finishes! Enjoy your day of freedom!

Bekca said...

Your finishes are so elegant, I love the threads you have used. Thank you for updating us on your friend, I am keeping her in my thoughts :)

Hazel said...

I love your finishes Faye! They are so pretty. Love and hugs to Barbara. xx

Unknown said...

Faye, your finish is just beautiful!

Enjoy your weekend.

Margaret said...

Your finishes are just beautiful! I love them -- and yes, so appropriate for Breast Cancer month and all. I will continue prayers for your friend Barbara. Hope she has good news.

Nan said...

I love them both! I especially love the trim you used on "en rose et gris".....it's perfect!
Congratulations on 2 great finishes!

BrendaS said...

Great finishes! So very delicate and dainty looking.

I'm glad you friend is doing better. Will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a good weekend:)

Diana said...

Beautiful work Faye.

Nicole said...

Beautiful finishes Faye! Let Barbara know she is still in our thoughts and prayers. Lots of hugs!

Nicole

Denise said...

Oh wow - once again your finishes are amazing! Tell Barbara we are still thinking about her!

Smiles - Denise

Myra said...

Such pretty, delicate finishes Faye. I love the pom pom trim. Send my good wishes and prayers for Barbara.

Lisa V said...

I just love your finishes, both are soo pretty, but I just love the birds.
Hugs
LISA V

Anna van Schurman said...

Love the finishing fabric you used for "Rose et gris."

Julianne said...

Faye,

All of your fabrics you chose go so nicely with your stitching. You always use such lovely trims too.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Beautiful finishes!

Hoping that the news for Barbara is good news.

Chris said...

Beautiful delicate finishes Faye! Glad you had a nice day off and that your friend Barbara is doing well.
Happy Weekend!
Chris

Unknown said...

I love both your finishes, especially the rose one. It really worked out beautifully.

Prayers and positive thoughts are still heading Barbara's way. Sure hope the news is good!

Carolyn NC said...

So glad things are going well for Barbara so far. Hope she gets a good report! Love your finishes!

Lois said...

What lovely finishes! I'm hoping that the news for your friend will be good.

Karen said...

Your finishes are beatiful as always. Hope Barbara receives encouraging news and recovers quickly from her surgery. will keep y'all in my thoughts.

Katrina said...

Lots of good thoughts and prayers for your friend Barbara! Hope the cancer is in the early stages.

Cute finishes. Glad you had a day to play :-).

Sally said...

Gorgeous finishes. I had to go download the charts as they are so pretty,

Keeping Barbara in my thoughts and prayers.