Friday, December 16, 2011

Tis the Season....

What a wonderful week this turned out to be!  We had all our festivities at school, both in assembly and in the classroom....The children were just giddy with excitement knowing yesterday was their last day!! And, I got an early Christmas present from the principal..... No teacher workday today as orginally assigned!!!  So, I am done, done, done until Jan 3................YES!!!

I took a little class at Linderella's Quilt Shop the other night..... Many of you know how to sew up these cute project pouches, however, I did not....So... This is what I learned to sew and finish in the 3 hour class........


I made a small, medium and large zipper pouch....all lined.... I was really quite thrilled to finally know to sew these......might see more of these in the future!!

And, my friend Linda P has received her gift....so, I can post about it....Me and my stain along with briwax have been at it again.....Remember those card boxes that were used in Blackbird Designs earlier this year???? Well, I made Linda this box....with a slight French flair!!!

 French design from GOS
Threadworx verigated red
40ct white Newcastle linen
Faded red Victorian Motto Chenille
Inside the box....lined with fabrics and her initial....

I had to hone in on my over 1 on 40ct skills....The white cotton lace and red chenille were good accents I thought.....  Linda can now add this to her ever growing "red" collection.....


I recently completed and mailed my exchange out to Arthemise in the Hooked on Exchanging Too
exchange... This was a box exchange....I stitched the Primrose Needleworks design from the Christmas issue of Just Cross Stitch 2011.....
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lastly, I would like to show you one of the absolutely best Teacher gifts I have ever received! One of the parents whose daughter is in my classroom crocheted this darling apple huggie....I had not seen one before and it is made to protect your fruit from bruising....It is genius and so darling!!! We both about fell out when we learned we both had blogs and shared the love of crafting~~Who knew??
 On the side it has a small loop to wrap around the crocheted flower button....
Machine washable and suitable for apples, pears, whatever~~~
Thanks again Crissy! It is so cool to learn we are both crafters and share the passion for things handmade~~~
Crissy's blog can be found **here**....Please go over and take a peak at some of her goodies....

Okay...that's it t for me!! Got a list a mile long....So, I'm hittin' it~~~

Have a great Friday everyone!!

Faye

32 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pouches are fantastic, I am going to have to see if I can find a class like that around here. The box for Linda is gorgeous! I know she is at trying to do back flips over it - LOL!

Great box exchange - maybe next year I will get involved with one of those...

Cute teacher giftie - fun stuff!

Michelle said...

Oh I love the beautiful box you made to go with her red collection. It's gorgeous! And I know Artemise is thrilled with what you stitched for her in the exchange. What a fun teacher gift too! And a new blog to read!!

Margaret said...

Happy vacation! DS has one more week to go, sadly. Love the gifts you received, and the exchanges you made. And the pouches -- so beautiful! So many lovely things to ogle!

Siobhán said...

You go girl on the pouches! Too cute. I love the piece that you did for Linda, I bet she will treasure it. Lovely exchange piece for Artemise, too! How COOL is that apple gift?! That is so neat!

Enjoy your break! My college age DD just came home today but the younger rugrats go till the 22nd... but don't go back till January 9. Hello sweatpants! :D

dixiesamplar said...

Awesome job, Faye...those pouches are wonderful! Loving your box for Linda and the exchanges too...nice goodies

Thnaks for the blog info...what a terrific idea for fruit!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and yours...

BrendaS said...

Great finishes Faye! Love those bags and you whipped them up pretty darn fast:)

Very nice gifts sent and received too.

Michelle said...

Wonderful finishes Faye well done - they are stunning xx

Lesleyanne said...

Love the fabric you used on your project pouches. Lovely stitching for your gifts.

CalamityJr said...

Wow - you got out of school early! There's another half week to go here. Enjoy!

Way to go on project pouch making, and your gifts are lovely, as always. Thanks for reminding me to go back and stitch JCS design. Music is such an important part of like in our home that making this ornie is almost a necessity.

I'm headed now to Crissy's blog. I'll tell her you said hello :-)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Faye, you will just love those pouches! I discovered the pattern at a quilt show a couple years ago and have made a bunch of them for gifts.

Your stitching (received and sent) is awesome! What great gifts.

That is a great teacher gift too. How fun to find a sister crafter so close. I'm off to check out her blog!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Yay... enjoy your vacation! Love the box you made... beautiful. All your stitching is lovely. Glad you enjoyed your pouch making class.

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Oh Faye, how precious the gift crocheted for you! Love it!

I love your exchanges too, how cute. I'm sure Linda will love it!!!!

Jennifer

Jennifer said...

Love the new bags. One day I'll have to learn how to sew those little buggers! Until then, I'll just have to admire yours!

Great job!

Lana said...

Love the little bags! And your stitching too! Have a wonderful vacation!!

Jules said...

The box you made is to die for, lol! I really like the color and style you put into it.

Enjoy your Holiday break!!!

valerie said...

Love the pouches and that box for your friend is fantastic! Love the red! The merry song ornie is on my list to stitch. I really like the linen you chose to stitch it on. And a great teacher gift received. I saw someone post about these on a blog and thought it was sooo cute!

Karen said...

Well....Faye how cute is that box for Linda! I know she really appreciated. Great job on the pouches too!


Hope you enjoy your time off during the holidays and can't wait to see all of the crafty, stitchy goodies you come up with!!!!!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

What can I say? I love the pouches and that gift for Linda is like.. WOW !! Beautiful! The teacher gift is so cute! Have never seen one! Happy Holidays!!! I know you are glad to be home!!

Patty C. said...

Love the bags -how about a tutorial :)

Myra said...

Your pouches look great Faye! Aren't they fun to make? I love the box you made for Linda and the one for your exchange - gorgeous!

What a neat idea - the apple huggie. :o)

Mouse said...

ooooo well done on the pouches ,,, they look fab :) and love your gifts and what you did with the box too :) gorgeous exchange and cool apple keep ... think it was from a magazine called molly makes ??? love mouse xxxx

Anna van Schurman said...

Just FYI, my birthday's in October. :) Lovely box!

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Faye I found your blog and joined it. I really love it.
The box from your friend Linda is beautiful.

That is a really FUN box exchange!

I love the gift for the teacher my husband and I are in our early 40' and late 40's and my Mom is a school teacher and she gets some really wonderful crafts that the Mother's have ome and really makes her whole day.

Our sons are 20 and in college and our youngest is 17 this Monday, and our youngest I give gift cards to the teachers because he is older.

I also have a blog I hope you come on by and check it out, I love to get new follower's. When I hit 440 member's I am dong a giveawey!!!
I only need 3 more gals to join!

Christmas Blessings,
Tricia

I can't wait for your next post!!!!!

Sherry said...

I used to work for a teacher and loved all the vacations I got. Long Christmas, summer, Easter week and more!

The pouches are great! Love the exchange box too. What a darling apple cozy. How fun to find a new blogger/crafter and so close to you.

Sweet Sue said...

Your project bags are so darling Faye, class must have been fun too. Enjoy your vacation, Merry Merry to you!

Catherine said...

What a post full of great goodies Faye!! Love the little box you made!

Fiona said...

Great finish on Linda's box it is very pretty. Also the project puches you made ae lovely, I will have to figure out how to make some too.

marly said...

Over 1 on 40 count? WHAT?? The box is beautiful. I love those pouches and need to find a tutorial.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

vraiment magnifique !
bisous bisous

gracie said...

The pouches are marvelous!

Mindi said...

Love the zippered pouches you learned to make, and that box is fantastic! Love all the red touches, and the coordinating fabric you lined it with.

Heather said...

vraiment magnifique ! bisous bisous