Sunday, July 8, 2012

Completed stitches and an offering....**edited**

Greetings to all~~~

I know most of us are getting by in the sweltering heat....I have returned home from Cherry Grove Beach to find a parched and browned lawn....wilting flowers that only mother natures good rain could revive and temperatures exceeding 100 ( I don't want to mention the heat index!)...Like you, I am ready for the heat wave to pull back a little!

First, I must show you are a really nice freebie from Notforgotten Farms...Lori is always so kind to create these wonderful designs and share them with us....It really was a wonderfully quick stitch.
Patriotic freebie
Notforgotten Farms
32 count random coffee stained linen
DMC threads as specified


Speaking of Notforgotten Farms, I was humbled and thrilled, all at the same time when Lori contacted me saying I was one of the gals selected to model stitch for her.... Of course, I was elated!... So, more to come on this in the future...for now, I am tickled and cannot wait for my first envelope to arrive so I can begin~~~
**************************

Perhaps today I will find time in the craft room for sewing...I hope....I was digging around this morning and managed to find a few other stitches from 2011 that never did get completed into their final finish...hmmm... I see a possible new Americana basket of smalls evolving....

Falling Star Primitives and Blackbird Designs
40 ct Days Gone By linens...
Specified threads per designers..
I found these little  rustic looking tins at Hobby Lobby yesterday in the clearance bin... Of course, I snatched up the last 4 they had..... I see small stitches mounted in these darlings..They already have the rusty wire hangers....Are you envisioning like I am...?....
******

Todays offering is a large project pouch.....Fully lined with zipper pull and appliqued front...
Black and creme homespun exterior with red print lining.....
$24.00...includes shipping (US orders only...)
email me if you are interested
**this pouch is SOLD however I will take orders if you email**


I hope everyone has a most fantastic Sunday.....

Peace,

Faye


35 comments:

Shakerwood said...

Saw the link .... looks great worked up. I actually finished a patriotic cross-stitch and made it into something. It's on my quilt blog.

Good news from Lori .... congratulations. Can't wait to see what she comes up with!

Anonymous said...

Faye, congratulations to you on becoming a model stitcher for Lori! Looking forward to seeing what you create with your stitched finishes!

Stay cool!

Robin in Virginia

Karen said...

Cute little finish! Congrats too... I know Lori will be thrilled with your stitching!

Love the little tins you found too... can't wait to see what you do with those!

Stay cool....happy stitching...

Jan said...

Love the freebie. It looks great. Lori has chosen well. I know you will be a fabulous model stitcher for her.
Can't wait to see what you do with the tins.

Sharon said...

Great finish! Congrats on being one of Lori's model stitcher's. I sent an email regarding the pouch's!

Susan in SC said...

Thanks for sharing this link. I just love it! I can a basket of small patriotic stitching would be perfect!! Congratulations on becoming a model stitcher!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh how beautiful!! What is the canvas on which you stained embroidered Liberty?? I love this painting!!! you have made ​​your choice for what you want from home SAJOU, or so I'm surprised you??? Kisses from FRANCE

Beth said...

Oooh - I think a basket of patriotic smalls will be just the thing! Can't wait to see it.

Margaret said...

I love how the freebie looks, it's so pretty! You stitched it so fast! Love the patriotic pieces too! Nice tins you found for finishing. Good luck with the model stitching for Lori. I know you'll do a great job!

butterfly said...

Looks like you have been busy, love all your stitching .
You will make a fab model stitcher, hugs.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Hi Faye!
I cannot believe how fast you stitched that up :) beautiful job and I can't wait to see all of your patroitic stitches in a basket...LOVE that idea!!!

See? I knew you were a great choice ~ will be shipping out to you & Starr tomorrow morning!

Lori

Laurie in Iowa said...

The freebie design looks wonderful all stitched up. I really like the rusty tin frames you picked up... I know you'll create something wonderful with them.
We finally got a bit of a break with the high heat and humidity... but no rain predicted for this coming week. It's getting so brown and crispy here.

Vickie said...

Good for you becoming a model stitcher. Looks like you have a bit of finishing to do now.:)

Theresa said...

What a cute little finish!!!! Thanks for the link~

marly said...

Those tins have so many possibilites! You already have Lori's offer stitched and I didn't even print it yet. I guess she won't have to wait long to see her models stitched!! Congrats!

Catherine said...

Oohhhh.....can't wait to see what you come up with for all of these! Great pouch ~ love it!

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Yes, I can see all the potential in those little signs!! You do such beautiful work!!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wow that was a quick finish! Beautiful work! Would love to see all the little patriotics when you get them finished.
Robyn

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Your pieces are going to look fantastic in those tins!!! You have such a "good eye", Faye!!! So smart of you to make the larger project bags. They are wonderful and I know that I will be contacting you in the near future!!!
Linda

Jen Bailey said...

Love your finish of the patriotic house! So pretty!!

P.J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
P.J. said...

Congrats Faye, I saw Lori's post on her blog and was so excited for you. Enjoy! Wow you put that freebie together in a snap, will go great with all your other patriotic pieces. Again, your pouches are super sweet, lovin' mine every time I use it. Stay cool.

Kimmie said...

Love your freebie stitch!!!!!

Don't feel bad about the lawn and weather....no better in Indiana. Blech!!!!!

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

Goodness you are a fast stitcher. I just saw that freebie a few days ago. :) Love those tins from Hobby Lobby. I will just have to make a stop on my way to work tomorrow since I just happen to drive by. What a great coincidence. :)

Barb said...

I love all those patriotic smalls!!

Barb said...

I love all those patriotic smalls!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your stitching honor. You are an awesome stitcher and finisher. I certainly understand why she chose you.
Love your potential basket of smalls. I think your on the right track.

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish. Lovely tins I am sure they will look great.

Giovanna said...

Lovely finish, well done! Have a great time model stitching for Lori.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Wow! You sure did that in a blaze... or should I say this blazing heat kept your needle flying! Love all your Americana pieces - and those trays will be darling. Congrats on the model stitching. I know she will be well pleased. Stay cool and stitch on!

Eszter/SubRosa said...

Beautiful work♥

Michelle said...

I love all your designs so cute x

Carol said...

That is one cute finish, Faye--and congratulations on being chosen to do the model stitching. You will do their designs proud, I know!!!

BrendaS said...

Faye -- Very nice finish Faye. I also love the finishes from last year that you uncovered. Can't wait to see how you finish them up.

I'm going to e-mail you about a the larger project pouch. LOVE IT!!!!

Sweet Sue said...

Grrrrrreat bag Faye, congrats!