Monday, June 26, 2017

~Feathered Nest Pin Book~

Good morning friends! The weekend is behind us..... Time to get our Monday on~   Id like to share a stitch and finish that just "spoke" to me the minute I laid eyes on it.... As a member  of the Stacy Nash Country Sampler Girls Club, when I received the May kit, it screamed summer to me~ The slightly softer color palette, the unique shape and finish and the opportunity to put my Carolina Stitcher spin on things elements were all there....  So, here is my interpretation.....  

 I love the dainty strawberries and the sweet bird...

 

The oval shape is perfect and the lattice work stitching was a great compliment.... Gentle Arts Carriage Black has beautiful mottling.... Its actually more dark gray's than black...

 

 Black seam tape is attached to close the book... 

 
Here is where the Carolina Stitcher spin on things are revealed... I couldn't have the inside remain plain... So I appliquéd a strawberry to push those pins in to... Its a Pin Book after all......
 
 
 
 

A few French Knots to represent tiny strawberry seeds... A small stem... You get the idea... 

 
So, if you are a member of this fantastic stitch club through Country Sampler of Spring Green, WI and are interested in my help in finishing, please give a shout out... I am on Facebook and of course, you can email me or comment here on my blog....Perhaps you have another stitch but like the finish style.... I can help you with that also..Just let me know~ 
Make it a great Monday!!
Faye

19 comments:

CindyC said...

Is that not just the most precious finish? Love it tons, Sis! :) <3

Sandy's Stitching said...

Beautiful as always...

Sandy said...

You are right that strawberry on the inside is the perfect touch. A surprise of goodness inside.

Sherri said...

That is just adorable! Love the strawberry inside.

Robin in Virginia said...

I really like your latest creation, Faye. What a fun way to finish your piece and like the addition of the strawberry!

Carol said...

How adorable is that! A perfect summer finish, Faye!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Sweet, sweet Berries in the sun. Such a lovely finish, as always! ❣️

Joan said...

Great finish Faye. I like the strawberry idea. I have that kit too, I may use your idea:)

woolwoman said...

beautiful finish Faye - always a beautiful creative spin on everything you do. Hope you have a great week yourself - Mel

denise said...

adorable!!!!!!

MartinaM said...

Beautiful Work, Great Finish.
Martina

Susan Lankford said...

Well done and absolutely adorable!

TinaTx said...

Very pretty!

Halland House Gifts said...

I've been inspired by beautiful finishes the last couple of years. Beyond a pillow or simple bag I chicken out. I think it's time I step out of my comfort zone and start giving things a whirl. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathryn Pickering said...

So lovely!! I, too, love the strawberry inside. Is the oval shape the suggested finish or is it yours?

Karen said...

A beautiful summer finish, Faye.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

What A Beautiful finish - I dearly love this.

Happy Stitching
Linda K

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I love this finish. It's a beautiful needlebook.

Sok Sareth said...

Great finish Faye. I like the strawberry idea. I have that kit too, I may use your idea:)

ตารางบอล