Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday's finishes......

Sometimes, when I really like a design, I will stitch it more than once....It seems I doing more and more of that.... I know last Dec/Jan after Christmas, I fell in love with an old freebie by Tokens and Trifles because it was simple, quick and could be a gift to about anyone.... Today, I finished off the finished stitched pieces and this is what I came up with....

I like the ribbon because it has a red bird on it...So, I anchored it down with two button stacked on top of each other...As you will see, I have fallen in love with the French General design of fabric by Moda as my backing fabrics.....
Here is a better peak of the ribbon and the loop it forms.... I guess you could actually hang these as ornaments or tuck it in a basket as a pillow....Nevertheless, my mom, sister and brother, who I rarely get to see, will be getting these little gifties at Thanksgiving......
Here is a better shot of the backing fabric and the ribbon.....

Then, I went back to my basket of finished stitches to see what else I could sew up today....And, viola!!! I had made two of the same tree pattern earlier this year as well.... I used Splendor silk thread on creme 36ct linen..... Those European gals can really come up with some gorgeous designs and I happened to find this freebie on Aliolka's blog........ Here is the link to her blog....

Again, I am using Moda fabric as my backing fabric...The green fabric is in the Adoring line by Moda.......The red is the above mentioned French General line by Moda.....



Red version



Green version


I like these because they are a little less over powering but still in the red/tan/green shades..
Well, time to get in the kitchen............ It was balmy here today which means we are grilling tonight!!!
I hope everyone has had a super weekend!! Make it a great week everyone!!! Faye






27 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful finishes! I love the designs and the fabric and the finishing!

Melissa said...

Awesome finishes! You did a great job. I love the fabrics so classy and subtle.

natalysneedle said...

Faye Love your beautiful finishes. The Tree pillows have such wonderful fabrics.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Very beautiful finishes and stitching! Each and every one :)
We grilled tonight and I tried a new spice rub on the steaks...YUM-O!

Karyn said...

Gorgeous finishes, Faye! I love the fabric and the fact that you had already finished stash, what a great idea!
Hugs and enjoy spending time with your family.
Hugs
Ma TK

Jackie's Stitches said...

Great finishes! Your family is going to love them! In my efforts to keep the holidays from being a total stressor, a lot of my hobbies are taking a back burner. I'll be glad when I can get back to it.

We grill at least once a week (and most often at least twice) through out the year. Thankfully we live in a climate where even it winter it's very doable.

Shannon said...

All of your finishes are beautiful!

Catherine said...

Love all of your stitchy things! What beautiful gifts for your family!

I'm off to look at that freebie - have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Myra said...

Gorgeous finishes Faye. I love that cardinal ribbon - wherever did you find it?

Chris said...

Beautiful finishes Faye. Your fabric choices are great.

Nan said...

Beautiful finishes Faye. What a lucky family you have :0) Thanks for sharing. I'm on my way to check out the Christmas tree freebie.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jackie said...

Very beautiful Faye. Love the fabbies and the finishes also.

Carol said...

What beautiful finishing you do, Faye--a perfect complement to your wonderful stitching. I know your family will love their little gifts from you...

Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day :)

Deborah said...

Beautiful finishes with beautiful finishing. Love the fabrics.

Teresa S. said...

Faye-your finishes are just impeccable-love, love, love those fabrics! Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Diana said...

The Christmas tree stitcheries are lovely!

Lainey said...

Faye your finishes are just beautiful!

Siobhán said...

Fantastic finishes, Faye! I love how you finished everything off. I am crazy for French General fabrics, too. My DH was reading out the weekend temps for your area to me when he opened up his home page on Sunday. Wait till I tell him you were grilling out! ;)

Sheila said...

Those are just beautiful. I love the designs and fabrics. Great job.

Sally said...

Your finishes are absolutely gorgeous.

Nicole said...

Beautiful finishes Faye!! I love the fabric!!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh very lovely

marylin France

Jennifer said...

These are beautiful. Thank you for the link with all the wonderful freebies! Your fabric looks great. You will certainly have some wonderful Christmas gifts this year to give.

Lana said...

Faye! Your finishes are beautiful!!!

Nina said...

Wonderful and cute pillows! Fabrics are so nice!

Irene said...

Wonderful finishes !

Bekca said...

Beautiful finishes, that ribbon is so perfect. I stitch designs more than once too, if I really like them, or if a friend sees what I'm stitching and would like one too! :)